ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Seb

Questions for Epson Stylus 2200 owners

Hey guys,

Now this is something that I have posted on the help files few days ago with no success. Perhaps, I'll have more chance here...

I am aware than some of you guys own this printer and I am thinking about the possibility to purshase it along with monitor/printer calibration tools later next year.

Now, I was wondering, what is the running cost of this thing? I would actually buy it for the sole purpose of geting 8x12 and 11x14 prints for my portfolio and the occasional framing (I have strictly no interest in 4x6 prints). I am not into volume, I will only prints few "keepers" from times to times.

I am not familiar with Epson printers (or with any photography specialized printers). I will have to consider the cost of paper and ink cartridges but I was wondering if the printings heads are integrated to the cartridges (like HP) or not. Moreover, how would you guy's estimate the actual cost of say, an average 8x12 print with this printer?

thanks a lot

Seb

Seb

Re: Questions for Epson Stylus 2200 owners

Quote Originally Posted by prbowhay
    Dear Seb:

I'm not ignoring you or your question, its just that I've never worried about the expense of the printer because I've recouped the expense of it more than 100 times over through the sale of the pictures I've printed out with it. It is that good.

Best to You,
    Penny
    Hello Penny,

I didn't knew that you were sellings some of your pictures. I am glad for you, sincerly! This is something I'd like to be able to do someday.

Feel free to answer, but I would be curious to know how you started to take photography to a more professional level and how you started to sell prints (I guess that I am seeking for personal stories and thus inspiration).

On another note your comment make me feel more enthusiastic than ever on the Epson. I never had the opportunity to see it in action but everybody agree to see that it doe's a fantastic job.

regards

Seb

Opinionated Newbie

Re: Questions for Epson Stylus 2200 owners

Seb -- Unfortunately I can't find the article right now, but when I was doing my research about the Epson 2200 (I bought it by the way) I found an article that showed the estimated cost per print. The reviewer found the price to be VERY reasonable.

One way or the other, you will be spending some cash. I just don't think it's all that different than other printers.

Thread Information