ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Question about photo hosting websites

Can you all share your experiences with some of the hosting sites out there? I have tried Flickr and currently have a Flickr Pro account. I would like to try something else as the cost seems high for what I need - mostly just albums/sets to share that can be individually password set. The standard/free Flickr account was too restrictive.

Thank you in advance.
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Just Me

Re: Question about photo hosting websites

Picasa's interface is much better than Flickr and completely free of charge. I have been doing Picasa for years and satisfied.

I agree with geraldb, I have over 400 albums on Picasa and not a bit of trouble. Use it to share my family photos mostly with the adult children and thier families.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

I have a Photobucket Pro account. It was a good account, in the past.

Photobucket is now obsessed with wanting to be told how good the features are, from it's members. We're bombarded with too many surveys. Every second week the site changes, giving no apparent improvements apart from catering for those who like being puzzled.

When I first started with Photobucket it was very good. I particularly liked the statistics section. The stats showed what sites were using my photos, without asking permission. Anything from European Tourism, TV cooking sites, bicycle retailers took shots and individuals claiming my photographs as their own on other sites ... were all easily found.

Nowadays, Photobucket's stats site is erratic and a couple of days ago I was informed that I didn't have enough activity in my main album to show stats. Everyday Photobucket surprises me. I guess that's the fun of having it.

Would I recommend Photobucket to adults? ... let me think.
    Last edited by WarrenH; 12-02-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Thread Information