ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Just got my D70........

Finally made my decision & got the D70. They are very hard to get in Canada. Here is my first effort, as usual I'm a little overwhelmed with the equipment & I know the subject matter is bland

Nikon D70 with kit lens, in program P.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just got my D70........-dsc_0003copy.jpg  
    Happy to Photograph
    Norman

Welcome to the D70 Club

Quote Originally Posted by Norman
    Finally made my decision & got the D70. They are very hard to get in Canada. Here is my first effort, as usual I'm a little overwhelmed with the equipment & I know the subject matter is bland

Nikon D70 with kit lens, in program P.

You are going to love your new camera. I was a film man for many years and thought the transition would be difficult, but have been suprised at how well it has gone. Congradulations and enjoy your new tool. Keep posting the colors in your first post are great.

Thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    You are going to love your new camera. I was a film man for many years and thought the transition would be difficult, but have been suprised at how well it has gone. Congradulations and enjoy your new tool. Keep posting the colors in your first post are great.
    I have had a Nikon FM for 26 years, have been around this board for 4 years & finally got back to an SLR with auto focus. The Coolpix I had for the last 2 years was a really good intro into the digital world, now I can really appreciate what the D70 can help me achieve.

Thanks for your kind words & encouragement as always your a Gentleman. ;)
    Happy to Photograph
    Norman

We have something in common....

Quote Originally Posted by Norman
    I have had a Nikon FM for 26 years, have been around this board for 4 years & finally got back to an SLR with auto focus. The Coolpix I had for the last 2 years was a really good intro into the digital world, now I can really appreciate what the D70 can help me achieve.

Thanks for your kind words & encouragement as always your a Gentleman. ;)
    We have something in common. I was on a waiting list for the FM when Nikon first introducted it. Gave my money to a mail order house and waited 4 months to get my camera. I coupled it with a 43-86 mm and took thousands of images with it. One of the sweetest Nikon I every owned. Passed it on to my kids and let them learn on it a few years later. It was somewhat revolutionary when Nikon came out with it. I always thought it was a great little camera. It was much different from the F that I was shoot with at the time, lots of new stuff for Nikon at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    We have something in common. I was on a waiting list for the FM when Nikon first introducted it. Gave my money to a mail order house and waited 4 months to get my camera. I coupled it with a 43-86 mm and took thousands of images with it. One of the sweetest Nikon I every owned. Passed it on to my kids and let them learn on it a few years later. It was somewhat revolutionary when Nikon came out with it. I always thought it was a great little camera. It was much different from the F that I was shoot with at the time, lots of new stuff for Nikon at the time.
    I couldn't afford an F, I was shooting with a used Nikkormat. When I got the FM, I also got the 24mm & 200 Nikkors. I still have the camera, my Daughter did High School Photography with it. I initially bought it for her birth, on Saturday she gave birth to my first Grandchild, so I thought it was a great reason to get a new SLR.
    Happy to Photograph
    Norman

Congrats Norman...

I'm sure you will love your new camera. I certainly can't get enough of my D70.

Regards,
    Brian

Good choice, Norman. Your posted pic shows just how good the exposures and colors can be. I hope you don't completely abandon film...there aren't many of us left(though I also use digital). Keep posting.

congrats

welcome to the "club" have a great time learning with it.
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Hi Norman,

Although I am a former Nikon user I just wanted to say congrats on the new gear. The D70 users on this forum have been posting some great photos. And from the looks of your first picture here I'm sure you'll be posting some great photos of your own real soon.

Ray

I couldn't afford an F, I was shooting with a used Nikkormat. When I got the FM, I also got the 24mm & 200 Nikkors. I still have the camera, my Daughter did High School Photography with it. I initially bought it for her birth, on Saturday she gave birth to my first Grandchild, so I thought it was a great reason to get a new SLR.

Once again something in common, My son just returned my F body and two lenses that I had given him to use in a college photography class. Oh I got it back because I bought him an N80 for college graduation. I wouldn't have had an F either, but I had two cameras stollen a Pentax 35mm and a Mamiya 120, I pooled the insurance money and bought the F and 50mm nikkor in the spring of 72 just before the F2's came out. Still waiting on that first grandchild however. Congratulations to you grandpa and we will all be expecting some pictures soon of that new addition to your family.

Thread Information