ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Puerto Vallarta 2010

Puerto Vallarta is close to Gdl, at least once a year I spend a few days there, these photos are from last week's trip

1. Sculpture of a mermaid / fairy playing the sax , at the bottom of the sculpture there is an electronic information boot

2. The drunken guy, I'm included in the reflection, sorry about the large size, made smaller is
    near impossible to see the detail in the reflection

3. Rocks on the pacific, this was taken from the restaurant "Le Cliff" if you are ever to P Vallarta you can't miss a visit to this place to watch the sunset, whale wathing is also possible, and have an awesome meal.
    The restaurant is up on a cliff (surprise!), to reach the view points there is a fairly long winding set of stairs, as I was shooting my wife called me on
    the cell phone to let me know dinner was served, I went down after ordering as i dod not want to miss the light.
    A wedding was happening at the same time, a lady photographer was running around up and down the stairs photographing the wedding, she seem to be a second photographer,
    or a friend attending the wedding, I'm not sure, she had a nikon D200 with an Sb800 flash and a nikon expensive looking zoom, certainly fatter and bigger than my 18-200,
    I initially thought I had to wait for the wedding to move up to the restaurant level to be able to shoot, but found out there are multiple view points, a very nice one
    almost down to the water level set up for events with grass and a railing, and at least two more spots near the water from where I was able to shoot without intruding the
    event

The original photo doesn't have the pale blue tones but it looked like that after bumping shadows and saturation, also worked out on the light curves to bring
    out the details on the foreground foam. The rocks look a bit soft on the web version, this was taken with a tripod and it is tack sharp on the original resolution.

I have a few more photos, need to decide which ones to upload

Thanks for watching

n8

Re: Puerto Vallarta 2010

Those are all really cool. I like how you included the modern coast line behind #1. Your rocks look great too, kind of mystical. Have you tried a b&w of that?
    mostly Nikon gear

Feel free to edit my images for critique, just let me know what you did.

n8, Thanks for the comment!

I have not tried a b&w of the rocks, I have not been able to dedicate much time to finish selecting and post processing but here are a few more from the same trip

I liked the boat vs the colorful sunset

B&W bird on the beach

Nov 1 "Dia de muertos" (day of the dead) parade at the malecon

I had my camera on very high ISO from trying to shoot a dark scene with no flash and was struggling with the exposure being to bright , by the time I realized what was going on I was back in the hotel

The hotel had some interesting pieces of art, I liked the light on this sculpture

background blur done during PP

Cheers!

ok last one,

The Marina at P Vallarta

shot with my P&S Fuji finepix jv100

Thread Information