ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Ps6

Ps6

I've given PS6 (I got a beta copy from a friend) a try, and I like it for the most part, but it is pretty complicated. I've got a couple of questions.. How do you put in watermarks and borders?

thanks..

Now if we told you that, we would have to kill you bmadau. But seriously, watermarks are a layer over the picture and borders you have to increase the image canvas making a layer as well, you add the border. If you look in the PS helpfile it is pretty extensive for covering most topics. If you are really interested in using PS you need to get a book on it, with examples that you can follow. It is really the only true way to learn, besides hit and miss. Adobe Classroom in a book Series is OK, Scott Kelby writes a lot of books for Photoshop as well.

I'm beginning to think that the full blown PS is too much for me. It's not that I can't learn it, it's just that I don't have all the time in the world to play with it. I'm thinking PS elements may fit my needs more and this ps6 I have is slow and doesn't (as far as I can tell) have any photo browsing/organizing capabilities. Anyway, thanks for your responce. I havn't yet tried anything with layers yet, successfully ...

Thanks...

Thread Information