ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Proud Pappa's Pride and Joy

Hello everyone,

I've have not been on this site for a very long time and I really miss it. I have some good reasons though... My wife and I bought a house last September and we just became parents on January 17th. This is our son Matthew Joseph (can you feel me beaming?). I was tempted to post this in the "photos of photographers" thread but I figured that would be jumping the gun juuuuuust a bit. After all my camera bag weighs more than he does at this point!

Anyway, I wanted to say hello and post my little guy. I hope to be able to contribute more as the year goes by. Take care and thanks for looking.

Canon EOS 1V
    Kodak Portra 400NC
    Scanned from the negative
    Exposure Unrecorded
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Congratulations Joe!!!

Joe,

Well isn't your life going to change now. Get used to the inactivity of your son while you can, because the moment he starts getting around on the floor, your life is over for the next 16-25 years or so.

Congratulations on both getting into the housing market and your son. Certainly looks healthy enough from the limited photo you posted.

Good luck and don't worry about not visiting often. Look after the wife and enjoy your new family addition, they grow up way too fast.

Liz

Talking Congratulations Proud Papa!

Joe,

It's so good to hear from you - and to know you and your wife have the greatest desire of your hearts! Such a beautiful baby!

It's funny - but I've been thinking about you also. I don't get into NYC as much, but whenever I see the Chrysler Building, I think about you....if I remember correctly, it's your favorite in NY.

I often recall the wonderful time we had in NYC. I was so grateful for the ride back to my car in NJ - especially because I got to know you a little better. You're a wonderful, generous and caring person. You'll be a wonderful papa!

Keep us updated - even if you can't come around often - scan in a pic once in a while and just pop in to say hello.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by joemags
    Hello everyone,

I've have not been on this site for a very long time and I really miss it. I have some good reasons though... My wife and I bought a house last September and we just became parents on January 17th. This is our son Matthew Joseph (can you feel me beaming?). I was tempted to post this in the "photos of photographers" thread but I figured that would be jumping the gun juuuuuust a bit. After all my camera bag weighs more than he does at this point!

Anyway, I wanted to say hello and post my little guy. I hope to be able to contribute more as the year goes by. Take care and thanks for looking.

Canon EOS 1V
    Kodak Portra 400NC
    Scanned from the negative
    Exposure Unrecorded

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Re: Proud Pappa's Pride and Joy

Beautiful!

That's strange, I was also wondering where you went. Glad to hear you've been absent for good reasons!

Egad, now we're got ANOTHER person up here posting cute kid pics

Congrats, and take it easy!

Rick
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Gene & Penny, Peter, Liz and Rick,

It's nice to hear from you all. Sharon and I thank you for your kind words and thoughts. We do truly feel blessed. Matthew is doing well and is quite healthy (especially his lungs!). I too had a great time on the NYC get together. I still have that magnetized circle line photo of our group on my fridge. You know the one that you wouldn't let me pay for... I'm still mad about that! If anyone chats with Meagan, please tell her I said hello.

This photo is of our other "little boy" Dunbar.

Talk to you soon,
    Joe Mags
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Proud Pappa's Pride and Joy-dunbar-closeup-deck-600.jpg  

Nice blues and purples on that shot.

Meg's still up here, she co-moderates the Art forum here (boy, you missed a doozy with that one!) I'll shoot her an email to let her know you said hi.

Rick
    Walter Rick Long

Liz

Dunbar is sooooooo cute! Nice portrait btw!

Maybe we can get together in NYC this summer? We could have a great gathering! ;)

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by joemags
    Gene & Penny, Peter, Liz and Rick,

It's nice to hear from you all. Sharon and I thank you for your kind words and thoughts. We do truly feel blessed. Matthew is doing well and is quite healthy (especially his lungs!). I too had a great time on the NYC get together. I still have that magnetized circle line photo of our group on my fridge. You know the one that you wouldn't let me pay for... I'm still mad about that! If anyone chats with Meagan, please tell her I said hello.

This photo is of our other "little boy" Dunbar.

Talk to you soon,
    Joe Mags

Congratulations. Enjoy it, take a million and one pictures, because it goes by WAAAAAAAAAAY too fast.
    Take good care
    Rebekah
    VillenaDeCorte
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    - Marx

Hey Joe and Liz,

I am making the move to Phoenix this summer, and I would love to make the rounds in the New England area before I go. That means you two, Megan, Sandee, Paul, and everyone else in NYC, then up to Boston to catch Natalie and her crew. I don't when I could make it up but I am moving in July/August. Maybe we could slate an NYC Gatheirng this summer?

Rick
    Walter Rick Long

Joe, I'm not sure if we've ever really met (I'm a relative newbie here compared to some), but I wanted to add my congratulations too. What a beautiful baby boy!!

A word of advice: I hope you start saving now for the snowboards, iPods, computers, video games, cellphones, and pizzas that he will consume when he reaches teenagerhood. ;)
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Yo!!!!!!

WOW!
    Congratulations! Great, wonderful news.
    And a beautiful baby!

megan

Liz

Hey There Rick!

That sounds like a GREAT plan! If you start another thread, I'll make it a sticky so everyone can begin making plans! Summer is just around the corner! Okay?

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    Hey Joe and Liz,

I am making the move to Phoenix this summer, and I would love to make the rounds in the New England area before I go. That means you two, Megan, Sandee, Paul, and everyone else in NYC, then up to Boston to catch Natalie and her crew. I don't when I could make it up but I am moving in July/August. Maybe we could slate an NYC Gatheirng this summer?

Rick

Thread Information