ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    There can be only one!

Project Impossible

In an attempt to really improve my photography I have begun what I call "The Balcony Project." Basically I am focusing on what is right in front of my face and shooting from the balcony of my apartment. If I get too frustrated then I am allowing myself to head down to the courtyard area. The goal is to be more mindful of the composition of my shots (be more creative) and learn to make the necessary adjustments to my camera settings.

I am starting to notice that there are all kinds of wildlife just around my building: deer, robins, black birds, and finches (I think). However today's lesson was patience. I blew so many chances for shots because I was rushing or just not paying attention. Once I calmed down I was able to focus and produce some useful practice images. They are still terrible, but I am able to dissect what went wrong. I am still not reacting fast enough, which leads to me cussing out the birds under my breath.

My plan is to work for an hour or so each evening, with the hope that my weekend photo jaunts will result in better images. Keep your fingers crossed for me, and I promise to post images for critique soon now that I think I have worked out most of the kinks ( also, I see no point to wasting your time with crap).

Has anyone else done something like this? Have I lost my mind? I am pretty sure my neighbors think I have.

Thanks for letting me share.

JJ
    In life you can be right or you can be happy, choose wisely. To see more of my photos, check out my Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/jef09

Re: Project Impossible

Quote Originally Posted by joyjoy
    They are still terrible, but I am able to dissect what went wrong.
    Sometimes I tell people that the bad photos are more important than the good ones. That's because we can learn the most from them. There are lessons in our mistakes. You're exercise is a good one.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information