ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Professional photographic services in exchange for short break between Lakes/Dales?

Hi everyone

I'm in the process of purchasing a luxury riverside apartment in the town of Kendal (all being well, I complete and get the keys tomorrow) which I'll be renting out as a holiday let. For those that don't know, Kendal lies on the edge of the Lake District National Park and close also to the Yorkshire Dales.

We'll be furnishing the property to a high standard throughout most of February (everything from Laura Ashley sofas to 42" flat screen TV with Bose sound system) and, to be quite honest, I'm struggling to justify the costs of a photographer. I'll need photos of course for marketing on the website, for press, etc. I could take the pictures myself but deep down I know that this probably wouldn't produce the best results as I'm really only an amateur.

The key shot is the one from the balcony... here's a shot someone else took from next door's balcony to give you an idea what we're dealing with:

In our case we have a slightly better view down river, showing much more of the bridge, and I don't think this shot quite does the view justice (that's Kendal Castle on the hill in the distance but I feel it barely shows). This is one image I really need to nail somehow, then of course I'll also need additional photos from inside the apartment, and perhaps some of the local area.

So... I was wondering if there were any photographers out there who would be interested in exchanging their services in return for a 2-3 night stay at the place in early March... what do you think? Is this a good idea or a very bad one?

If anyone is interested, but doesn't want to say so publicly, feel free to email me directly on stay at kendalcottages dot com

Thanks.

Re: Professional photographic services in exchange for short break between Lakes/Dales?

Is nobody here interested in this? If you are, please email me in the next 24 hours as I'll be choosing photographer(s?) tomorrow night. Thanks.

Thread Information