ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Position Available: Assistant/Associate Professor of Photography

I wasn't sure where the best place to post this was, please forgive me if this isn't it. I just thought there might be someone here who would be interested:

Announcement of Position Vacancy
    Assistant/Associate Professor of Photography

Position Title: Assistant or Associate Professor of Photography, tenured or tenure-track, nine month (academic year), faculty appointment in the Film Department, Peck School of the Arts

Starting Date: August 27, 2007

Position Description: The Department of Film at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee seeks a photographer/digital media artist to be appointed at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. The department has a long-standing commitment to experimental and innovative teaching, research, and artistic practice, and is looking for a colleague to participate in developing and implementing new curricular directions in the areas of digital media and emergent new genres. We are looking for a photographer/media artist with a high-energy approach to teaching and creative practice who will join us in building on this history during an era of rapid change in artistic tools and cultural forms. Our revised BFA and MFA curricula emphasize the ongoing collaboration of artists and scholars, and we expect the successful candidate to contribute to this relationship.

A knowledge and facility across a range of photographic media and formats as well as strong interest and understanding of the impact of technology on current practice is desired. The department is in a time of exciting growth and change, and the successful candidate will play a role in shaping this next phase of an established and evolving program in media arts, including film/video/new genres and critical theory.

UWM & PSOA: The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM), www.uwm.edu, is one of two public doctoral research universities in the state of Wisconsin. Located on a 93-acre campus a few blocks from Lake Michigan and only minutes from downtown Milwaukee, UWM has an enrollment of over 28,000 students and offers 153 degree programs through twelve schools and colleges. The UWM Peck School of the Arts (PSOA), www.arts.uwm.edu, is composed of five academic departments (dance, film, music, theatre, and visual arts), plus an Inter-Arts degree program that includes the interdisciplinary DIVAS track. It is also home to the UWM Institute of Visual Arts (Inova), which coordinates exhibits in four campus galleries. The PSOA is the second-largest arts presenter in Milwaukee, scheduling over 250 visual, performing and media arts events each year.

Qualifications: Minimum requirement of MFA degree in Photography or Digital Imaging.

Preferred: Along with a strong portfolio of creative accomplishment, applicants should have a record of teaching experience. Expertise in digital and traditional photography and the ability to teach at both undergraduate and graduate level is preferred.

Salary and Rank: Position is tenure-track or tenured appointment, depending on level of experience. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.

Application Procedure: Applicants should send a cover letter, a CV, an artist’s statement, 20 examples of personal work, 10 examples of student work, and three letters of recommendation to:

Steve Foster, Search Committee Chair
    UW-Milwaukee Film Department
    Mitchell Hall, Room B70
    3203 N. Downer Ave.
    Milwaukee, WI 53211
    E-mail: filmwebsite@uwm.edu

Application Deadline: Screening of candidates will begin March 26, 2007 and continue until the position is filled.

UWM is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer.

All finalists for this position will require a criminal records review consistent with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act.

For the UWM Campus Security Report, see http://www.cleryact.uwm.edu/ or contact the Office of Student Life, Mellencamp Hall 118, at (414) 229-4632 for a paper copy.

The names of nominees and applicants who have not requested in writing that their identities be withheld and the names of all finalists will be released upon request.
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Re: Position Available: Assistant/Associate Professor of Photography

Well, okay, I don't qualify, but

HOW HAVE YOU BEEN!?!!?!?! I always think of you when I get coffee here in town.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Wow that sounds like a dream job!

My degrees are just in the science end of the field--Optics.

Bummer.

I've taught at that level in the university but unfortunately, wrong country.

Ronnoco
    www.photoinf.com

Accepted photo standards in technique and composition are the tools used to judge photo quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnoco
    I've taught at that level in the university but unfortunately, wrong country.
    Curious. What subject and what university? My dad taught in both countries.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Curious. What subject and what university? My dad taught in both countries.
    University of Ottawa: the francophone side, La Micro-Informatique.

Ronnoco
    www.photoinf.com

Accepted photo standards in technique and composition are the tools used to judge photo quality.

They what a Masters of Arts, That is out of my league. I never could get my humanity electives to get my BS.... the science, art, and math no problems. And I'm still a rotten speller.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Quote Originally Posted by freygr
    They what a Masters of Arts, That is out of my league. I never could get my humanity electives to get my BS.... the science, art, and math no problems. And I'm still a rotten speller.

Actually it is Master Of Fine Arts which means that you get marked on your photographic and/or digital imaging assignments. So picture someone more difficult than me, picking apart the technique and composition of your photographic work.

Ronnoco
    www.photoinf.com

Quote Originally Posted by freygr
    to get my BS
    I've been told that I have plenty of this...

Hi Kelly!

Quote Originally Posted by another view

Hi Kelly!
    My initials!
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

Hi everyone! Doesn't anyone wanna come and be my teacher? Well, except that I'm not in the visual arts department. But I *could* be, I mean I could take a photo class ...

Yeah, I've been wrapped up in the performing arts, lately. Talk about having fun in school! Start studying for a theatre degree, and you'll go to school every day and just play, play, play.

Wanna see the muppet I made?
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Quote Originally Posted by another view

Hi Kelly!
    More of it in the Fine Arts area than anywhere else.

Ronnoco
    www.photoinf.com

Thread Information