ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Portraits to play with (took some tonight out of boredom)

A friend of mine was over and I was playing with lighting so I tortured her with a sitting. The lighting changes throughout so some are dark, some light, some are okay, I definately need a diffuser. But, figured i'd post some pics so if anyone is bored and wants to practice in photoshop, these are definately good for that!
    http://bizfx.com/nancy/ <- is the directory of pics to play with. Some are large black and white, there is an original that is totally uncropped, and more! Here is a pretty good one, I think:
    http://janehaas.com

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

Re: Portraits to play with (took some tonight out of boredom)

C'mon, let's see those pearly whites!

I don't know how to put this, but...I'm kind of a big deal...People know me.

My Dumb Web Page

LOL She HATES her picture taken! So to get her to sit there was a lot! I was trying to teach her better posture too - if the subject arches their back, they have instantly better posture. So basically, she was learning to take direction for being photographed. ;)I like the black and white ones in the directory - I need to put the smaller versions of them in there because I just realized I put the giant ones there!
    Okay, I really think I like how this one came out of her. I love the sepia tones!

Last edited by Janie; 03-26-2005 at 10:09 AM.

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

I did a business portrait too - it's for a business card
    You like?

Member:

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

I have never worked with portraits before, so I thought I would give this a shot. What do you think?

Ok, after I posted the sepia toned one, I thought it looked very flat, so here is my colored version as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Portraits to play with (took some tonight out of boredom)-nancyside.jpg   Portraits to play with (took some tonight out of boredom)-nancyside.jpg  
    Last edited by mjs1973; 03-26-2005 at 01:38 PM. Reason: added the color version
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Thread Information