ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Photography TV shows on Ovation Network

I recently caught a couple of shows on one of those rarely watched channels on my Direct TV. Don't ask me how I came across it, I believe I was mindless surfing. Anyway, I had no idea "Ovation" was even part of my collection but I happened to catch a couple of interesting segments of this photography series. I set my recorder to pick up any more and it looks like they are running a marathon on this show over Thanksgiving and maybe again later.

Sorry but I cannot even tell you the channel. I'm at work. I think it might be around 275?

I pulled the following from another web site...

Ovation’s Photography Show
    Ovation TV will put its lens on photography over an eight-day period, starting this Sunday. Under the “Framed” banner, Ovation will celebrate photography as an art form, while presenting profiles on some of the world’s top practitioners and their works. The stunt begins Nov. 18 at 8 p.m. with the world premiere of the original one-hour TV special Close Up: Photographers at Work. Produced for Ovation by Maysled Films, the special provides insight on how five great photographers take their acclaimed shots.

Here is a link that may be of interest.
    http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6500528.html

So if you are like me and have no life, it will give you something to do on Thanksgiving. If not, you may want to record it and check it out later.

Re: Photography TV shows on Ovation Network

Update - it is channel 274 on Direct TV and the next episode is 10 PM eastern but repeated throughout the night.

Re: Photography TV shows on Ovation Network

What about cable?
    Mike
    www.specialtyphotoandprinting.com
    Canon 30D X 2, Canon 100-400L, Thrift Fifty, Canon 18-55 IS 3rd generation lens plus 430 EX II flash and Better Beamer. :thumbsup:

Thread Information