ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: One For Troy

One For Troy

Talk about a grab shot! I saw this guy starting his takeoff roll, pulled over, unzipped my camera bag, grabbed the camera, opened the door and there he was!

Cessna of some kind. I haven't got a clue about the model though. :-O

I'd guess it's a 152, but I'm not up on civilian aircraft, as you well know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails One For Troy-cessna-r640.jpg  
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Man, it's hard to tell from this angle but I think you're right. Looks like a 152. I don't think the door is big enough to be a 172. It's not a 150 because it's got a single exhaust pipe. 150's have two.

We've had some beautiful weather here and I can't find an airplane to rent! I've got the urge bad, especially after a good friend of mine was hurt in a freak accident a couple weeks ago. Drove home the point that you never know when you might get hurt...or worse. Do what you love...NOW. Don't wait! That's another reason I've been shooting a lot more.

Thanks for posting buddy. I'm about to post another challenge for you aircraft buffs.
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Thread Information