ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Photo Release Agreement

I'm looking for a photo release agreement that's a contract between me (the photographer/publisher) and the 2nd party that doesn't scare the signer. It's an agreement that I agree to pay X________, ___% of the income I make off of the images taken on the date of ________ at the location of _____________. This is giving me the full rights of the image and etc... For the fee of ________%. And clearly make this contract withstand as long as legally possible (probably 7 years, may not be a limit, depending on local, state and government ordinance). I can rewrite the form, just need a good, clear, legal draft. I'm sure there is a template somewhere online, I'm just missing it! Thanks in advance!

PS: hopefully it will be the same contract for landscapes as portriats and etc...
    Vince Cheney
    The most magnificent power is the ability to freeze time!

Have you consider taking a business law course at the local community college?

A contract, generally, has to have an exchange of value to make it binding.
    You, the photographer, agree to pay, the model, $1.00 or $5.00, for the model to sign the contract. If a minor child is involved, then a parent or guardian must sign the contract.

Paying with a 'promised' percentage is not going to get anything (legal-wise) in your favor if the image you 'sold' is not making the 'model' or a parent a happy camper.

When in doubt, contact a local lawyer for the best advice in your area.

= = =
    Quote Originally Posted by vince
    I'm looking for a photo release agreement that's a contract between me (the photographer/publisher) and the 2nd party that doesn't scare the signer. It's an agreement that I agree to pay X________, ___% of the income I make off of the images taken on the date of ________ at the location of _____________. This is giving me the full rights of the image and etc... For the fee of ________%. And clearly make this contract withstand as long as legally possible (probably 7 years, may not be a limit, depending on local, state and government ordinance). I can rewrite the form, just need a good, clear, legal draft. I'm sure there is a template somewhere online, I'm just missing it! Thanks in advance!

PS: hopefully it will be the same contract for landscapes as portriats and etc...

Thread Information