ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    drg

Philip Johnson-Rest In Peace Master of Glass

The Master of Glass has died. Included is a link to the AP obit as posted on CNN today.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/01/26/obi....ap/index.html

He was one of my favorite architects. I had the privilige of meeting him. Included is one of my stock photos from the Peoria Civic Center, downtown Peoria, Illinois. This is from the grand hallway that faces the down town and great square that is part of the piece. This is a facility that I can spend a day sitting and looking and may be get one more photo (though I've taken hundreds or more just of the building and its artwork).

-C

Philip Johnson 1906-2005.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: The Crystal Cathedral -- of course!

Quote Originally Posted by prbowhay
    I know him from the Crystal Cathedral here in California -- an incredible masterpiece of architecture.
    Same here. What a great architect and amazing buildings he's built. The Crystal Cathedral is such an amazing and wonderful building! I'm lucky enough to get the chance to go to it again in the month of March. Being in the building now, after he's dead, will just make the building that much more meaningful.

Thanks for the link, very informative,

Jared

Thread Information