ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Paging Mr. Speed

After extensive research on the web for a DSLR, I came to the conclusion that Nikon was the way to go. So today, I picked up my first SLR a Nikon D70s with 18-70mm lens I'm sooo excited!

Mr Speed, I'm awaiting my number
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Re: Paging Mr. Speed

Nice! Welcome to the club!

Are you planning on shooting any "money" shots for the Battle of the Clans?
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Oh yeah.

They'll be the 1st shots to come out of the D70. I just finished unwraping it. Though they might not be any good, this camera is so buttonfull, it'll take me a while to get used to it. I'm an amateur and not really well versed in the SLR controls

I hope not to bring shame to Nikon Warriors. I hope to be good warrior too . urrrghh!!!
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Havana Cuba Photography

Liban,

Enjoy the new gear...definately a fun new toy to explore.

What about those Leafs eh? (Or is that a touchy subject)

Quote Originally Posted by jar_e
    Liban,

Enjoy the new gear...definately a fun new toy to explore.

What about those Leafs eh? (Or is that a touchy subject)
    Thanks Jared.

And no it isn't a touchy subject yet because I still have hope that we'll make the PO's.

It might be pretty soon though, my patience is quickly running out. This will be another depressing year if we don't make it (after the loss of the whole season last year).

2 years of hockey withdrawl can't be that good for the mental health of a Canadian.

The good thing though, we got a few rookies that broke in to the league this year that look awesome.
    Wellwood
    Steen
    Harrison
    Woz
    Ondrus

Plus I'm sure you know about Pogge (World Junior Champion Goalie) and Rask (That tournaments MVP and another Goalie from Finland - stopping over 50 shots in 1 game) ;) The future in net is bright, but the present stinks.

Go Leafs Go!
    Liban

Havana Cuba Photography

It'll be interesting to see if they can play well...they definately need to start getting on a hot streak ASAP. I must say, the Leafs had the two best goalies at the WJC, so I am scared for the next 5-10 years, but we'll see what happens.

Talking Mr Speed, I'm awaiting my number :)

Quote Originally Posted by LeeIs
    After extensive research on the web for a DSLR, I came to the conclusion that Nikon was the way to go. So today, I picked up my first SLR a Nikon D70s with 18-70mm lens I'm sooo excited!

Mr Speed, I'm awaiting my number
    Hello LeeIs,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. It has been an insanely busy week for me, and I've been on PR maybe twice this week, for a few brief minutes.

You are now officially Nikon Samurai # 23!

Congratulations and welcome to the fantastic world of Nikon Samurais.

And congratulations on your D70s! I've read and heard good things about the 18-70mm lens as well. Let us know how you like it.

Your first SLR will be a bit intimidating at first (and a DSLR even more so), but fortunately, Nikons are user friendly, and you'll soon get the knack of it.

Looking forward to seeing some shots from you.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Thanks Speed.

23 It is!

#23 - Alexei Ponikarovsky of the Toronto Maple Leafs. Not the most talented, but the hardest worker. The kind of player a winning team needs in their fold. He's also young and with time could iimprove to be more than just a role player, but for now he's happy to contribute and give it his all every shift he's on the ice and for that he's the most valuable player most nights. Grit & determination goes a long way. All Hail Alex!

Other notable #23 Michael Jordan (Chicago Bulls) ;)
    Liban

Havana Cuba Photography

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Not so famous #23
    Yuji Ide, second driver for F1 team Super Aguri - Honda
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Quote Originally Posted by LeeIs
    Thanks Speed.

23 It is!

#23 - Alexei Ponikarovsky of the Toronto Maple Leafs.
    All hail the Habs I'm thinking the Leafs days are numbered Liban...don't worry, just come to the dark side and cheer for the nucks

Quote Originally Posted by jar_e
    All hail the Habs I'm thinking the Leafs days are numbered Liban...don't worry, just come to the dark side and cheer for the nucks
    Those bloody habs!

We've owned them all year and they beat us when it mattered the most (last Thursday), though the 2nd of the back to backs is coming up in a few hours.

Even if I go to the dark side and (vaguely) cheer for another team when in the playoffs (if we don't make them). I can't see my self going that far in to the dark man.

I'll settle for the Rangers. Another big city that everyone hates. might as well throw my support that way. The nucks were almost on the verge of not making it themselves. Two big wins agains the Oilers propped them up a bit, but come on, how far will you go without a goalie and your top d-men? hehe.
    Liban

Havana Cuba Photography

Thread Information