ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

One for Speed to rip apart.

This is nowhere near what Speed has shown us, but for a grab shot I wasn't too unhappy. Coming back from a late appointment and saw the moon shinning in a bright blue sky. I stopped my truck in the middle of a country road and grabed a couple of quick shots while dodging cars. (It turned out to be a lot busier road than I thought.) This was done with a Fujifilm Finepix S602Z handheld at 1/200 at f5 with the tele at full 200mm ISO 200 at 3mp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails One for Speed to rip apart.-moon-tree.jpg  

Liz

Unique.........

I like your image - it's different than what Speed is doing, but I like the composition, and it is sharp.

It's good to see your around more these days - especially with your nice images posted.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    This is nowhere near what Speed has shown us, but for a grab shot I wasn't too unhappy. Coming back from a late appointment and saw the moon shinning in a bright blue sky. I stopped my truck in the middle of a country road and grabed a couple of quick shots while dodging cars. (It turned out to be a lot busier road than I thought.) This was done with a Fujifilm Finepix S602Z handheld at 1/200 at f5 with the tele at full 200mm ISO 200 at 3mp.

Lightbulb You Shot This Handheld?!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    You have very steady hands then! I like this a LOT. The moon is sharp, and I love the branches framing the moon. A purist might say the moon shouldn't be in the middle of the frame, but with the framing, I don't think that's a factor. I also like that you can see the blue in the sky.

Sorry, no ripping from me today. I think this is a great shot - well conceived and executed. :-)
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for the comments.

Thanks to both of you guys for the kind comments. I agree about the moon being in the center of the frame, but even old dogs that know the tricks mess them up sometimes. I was very focused on trying to get the moon as sharp as possible hand holding a light camera, I just kind of forgot a fundemental. This was truely a photo of opportunity.

Liz I'm aways around the forum I just sometimes let my photography slip and don't have anything that I feel is worthy to contribute. This nice weather we have been having in KY has gotten me out with a camera in my hands again.

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Rip apart?

No way! This is fantastic!

Megan

Thread Information