• 03-02-2004, 05:02 PM
    Old Timer
    1 Attachment(s)
    One for Speed to rip apart.
    This is nowhere near what Speed has shown us, but for a grab shot I wasn't too unhappy. Coming back from a late appointment and saw the moon shinning in a bright blue sky. I stopped my truck in the middle of a country road and grabed a couple of quick shots while dodging cars. (It turned out to be a lot busier road than I thought.) This was done with a Fujifilm Finepix S602Z handheld at 1/200 at f5 with the tele at full 200mm ISO 200 at 3mp.
  • 03-02-2004, 05:15 PM
    Liz
    Unique.........
    I like your image - it's different than what Speed is doing, but I like the composition, and it is sharp.

It's good to see your around more these days - especially with your nice images posted. :cool:

Liz

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Timer
    This is nowhere near what Speed has shown us, but for a grab shot I wasn't too unhappy. Coming back from a late appointment and saw the moon shinning in a bright blue sky. I stopped my truck in the middle of a country road and grabed a couple of quick shots while dodging cars. (It turned out to be a lot busier road than I thought.) This was done with a Fujifilm Finepix S602Z handheld at 1/200 at f5 with the tele at full 200mm ISO 200 at 3mp.

• 03-03-2004, 06:11 AM
    Speed
    You Shot This Handheld?!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Timer

You have very steady hands then! I like this a LOT. The moon is sharp, and I love the branches framing the moon. A purist might say the moon shouldn't be in the middle of the frame, but with the framing, I don't think that's a factor. I also like that you can see the blue in the sky.

Sorry, no ripping from me today. I think this is a great shot - well conceived and executed. :-)
  • 03-03-2004, 06:43 AM
    Old Timer
    Thanks for the comments.
    Thanks to both of you guys for the kind comments. I agree about the moon being in the center of the frame, but even old dogs that know the tricks mess them up sometimes. I was very focused on trying to get the moon as sharp as possible hand holding a light camera, I just kind of forgot a fundemental. This was truely a photo of opportunity.

Liz I'm aways around the forum I just sometimes let my photography slip and don't have anything that I feel is worthy to contribute. This nice weather we have been having in KY has gotten me out with a camera in my hands again.
  • 03-03-2004, 08:21 AM
    megan
    Rip apart?
    No way! This is fantastic!

Megan