ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

One last blurd on 9/11 before midnight

In 1990 when the Gulf war started I was 16, I looked to my father for reason and help to understand what was about to take place. He was a Vietnam vet so he knew what war was like. His words and thoughts were always welcome. Several years later we are hit at home, right below the belt. Once again my father and I talked. He died in in 2003 5 years after my mom. With him he took his stories of his service with the Marines in Vietnam. All that is left are a few pictures, medals and a set of dog tags. Now I find myself talking to my children about September 11th, ages 13 and 14. They want to know why some country far far away would do that to us. I just try my best to help them understand something that I myself have a hard time explaining.

Evey time we fire a few shots with our cameras, we freeze that moment. Every time you look through your view finder, that second is now a memory. Thats what I love the most about photography, capturing that moment so it can be viewed again later. I keep a picture of my mom and dad in my fire helmet, each image means some thing different to everyone. It's just about midnight so I had better get a move on, tomorrow is a new day. A new day to capture.

Last edited by Tyson L. Sparks; 09-12-2007 at 06:23 AM.

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

Re: One last blurd on 9/11 before midnight

Nicely written Tyson.

Thanks!
    My blog - Photography Rulez

'Slim' - K10D and *ist DL w/ SMCP DA 70mm 2.4 Limited, SMCP-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, SMC M 28mm f/2.8, SMC M 50mm f/1.7, and Tamron AF75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Macro
    Slim of the Clan O'Canon - A1 w/ FD 28, 50, 70-210 & Sigma 500/1000 f8/f16

Thread Information