ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    GB1

Old Towne Alexandria Va

Just some snapshots of Old Towne in Alexandria, VA. I recently visited there on Thanksgiving morning when nothing was open yet. Taken with my new Nikon 24-70mm. I'm happy with the sharpness, but when shooting at 24mm it definitely doesn't spare you from the typical wide-angle distortion.

Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Old Towne Alexandria Va

Brings back memories! I was in Alexandria back in April I think. We made is a short side trip while visiting DC for the cherry blossoms. We didn't have much time to really explore the area like it deserves to be. The old torpedo factory is pretty cool if you get the chance to go through that. It has been converted into different art spaces with a wide variety of artists working and displaying their work.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Thread Information