ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

NYC, and NJ's Mugs

I got very few decent shots from my business trip to NJ/NYC, but the weather cleared up nicely on Thursday evening, when we went into the city to see my supervisor's aunt. She lives in a very nice (but small) apartment in the heart of NYC on the 42nd floor. Some of the best views of the city from here. There were two things I wished I had when I was on the balcony of her apartment, and that is a wider wide angle lens, and a tripod. That being said, it was a great time to take pictures when we were at her place because the sun was setting, creating very nice light. Of the night pics, this was the only one that came out halfway decent (see wishing for tripod, above). I balanced the camera on the balcony railing and handheld it at 1.3sec.
    The last shot here is where Paul and I went to eat (damn that tomato!!). I believe it was in Raritan, NJ. (correct if wrong Paul). I really wish the weather was better that evening because the parts of the Doris Duke estate that Paul took me through were great. Could have had some great shots there. Next time....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NYC, and NJ's Mugs-_dsc2941-42nd-3-preview.jpg   NYC, and NJ's Mugs-_dsc2940-42nd-2-preview.jpg   NYC, and NJ's Mugs-_dsc2948-42nd-night-1-preview.jpg   NYC, and NJ's Mugs-_dsc2924-mugs-preview.jpg  
    Regards,
    Brian

Samurai #6
    My Gallery
    Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter. - Ansel Adams

Your first 2 shots had some really beautiful sunlight illuminating the buildings...great view! Good work.

Thanks Charles....

we were lucky we picked this night to go to meet up with Marla, because this was the ONLY night of the week I was there that was nice.

Thanks again,

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Hess
    Your first 2 shots had some really beautiful sunlight illuminating the buildings...great view! Good work.
    Regards,
    Brian

Samurai #6
    My Gallery
    Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter. - Ansel Adams

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coloradoamigo
    The last shot here is where Paul and I went to eat (damn that tomato!!). I believe it was in Raritan, NJ. (correct if wrong Paul). I really wish the weather was better that evening because the parts of the Doris Duke estate that Paul took me through were great. Could have had some great shots there. Next time....
    Brian ,

that perspective of MUGS make that small town look like a shot of a side street in MANHATTAN!!!!

just so everyone knows......

that road has a 25mph speed limit and 2 traffic lights in town ;)
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

You know....

It's not much of a shot, but I like the cross at the far end of the image.
    Yeah, definitely NOT Manhattan, but like Paul, I would rather live out near nature than the island. Lots of small towns around there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    Brian ,

that perspective of MUGS make that small town look like a shot of a side street in MANHATTAN!!!!

just so everyone knows......

that road has a 25mph speed limit and 2 traffic lights in town ;)
    Regards,
    Brian

Samurai #6
    My Gallery

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    NOT a bad image at all Brian

BTW.... on my way to work last night, we had the MOST AMAZIBF heat lightning storm I've seen here! seriously...... best I've seen ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY!

CAMERA WAS AT HOME ...sniff sniff
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

all very good, but really like those first two. . .Great
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    NOT a bad image at all Brian

BTW.... on my way to work last night, we had the MOST AMAZIBF heat lightning storm I've seen here! seriously...... best I've seen ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY!

CAMERA WAS AT HOME ...sniff sniff
    Awesome, wish I could have been there to see it. I love storms and I'm a total weather geek. All we have been getting here lately is afternoon storms, still nice, but not nearly as cool as those storms at night.
    Regards,
    Brian

Samurai #6
    My Gallery

Thanks Gary....

Quote Originally Posted by gahspidy
    all very good, but really like those first two. . .Great
    We were fortunate to arrive at her apartment at the time we did to catch the nice light, and even more fortunate that it was not raining, considering how it was the rest of the week we were there.
    Regards,
    Brian

Samurai #6
    My Gallery

Thread Information