ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Nikon Fun

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Nikon Fun

So I had fun last night playing with Nikon's Creative Lighting System. My setup was a D70s using the 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 AF-S DX lens, a Nikon SB-600 flash, and a SB-800 flash, my D70s acted at the commander unit.

Here's some results.

Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Re: Nikon Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Axle
    So I had fun last night playing with Nikon's Creative Lighting System. My setup was a D70s using the 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 AF-S DX lens, a Nikon SB-600 flash, and a SB-800 flash, my D70s acted at the commander unit.
    Isn't it great?! I've used my SB-800 as a slave and my D200 as the commander unit. The effects are pretty cool, especially considering that you don't have to buy, rig, and store studio lights. I'd like to add another SB-800 to my bag one day.

I see the shadow under the X-Wing, but it's still fairly dark. Where was the second light set up on that one?

I love the K1000 shot. Very nice.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Re: Nikon Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Speed
    Isn't it great?! I've used my SB-800 as a slave and my D200 as the commander unit. The effects are pretty cool, especially considering that you don't have to buy, rig, and store studio lights. I'd like to add another SB-800 to my bag one day.

I see the shadow under the X-Wing, but it's still fairly dark. Where was the second light set up on that one?

I love the K1000 shot. Very nice.
    I know! It's such a great thing that Nikon put in with their cameras.

The xwing was lit from the left (when facing the starfighter) and from above.

And thanks! I'm rather fond of the K1000 shots also.
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Thread Information