ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Nighttime shots/flashlight fun

Took some long exposures and painted/added light with a few flashlights. Fun to mess around with and think I got some cool shots. Anyone else try this before?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nighttime shots/flashlight fun-_mg_9752.jpg   Nighttime shots/flashlight fun-_mg_9750.jpg   Nighttime shots/flashlight fun-_mg_9723.jpg   Nighttime shots/flashlight fun-_mg_9719.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Nighttime shots/flashlight fun

those are great, actually i have done alot of painting with lights at night,especially with old abandonned trucks and houses, after midnight,placing colored lights in the right spots,and flashing the headlights making them look like they are coming alive that have no motors,capturing old abandonned houses at night getting the stars and crisp skies in the back ground, this summer i plan to use my fog machine and spray colors onto the fog to create special effects, you should try using a simple sparkler around a persons body at night,done right it gives a awesome visual effect, my gallery here has lots of examples,.
    Nikon D300
    11mm-16mm tokina f2.8
    18mm-55mm
    55mm-200mm vr.
    Nikon F65
    28mm-80mm
    28mm-70mm
    Sony H5 p&s
    1.7 tele lens
    nikon sb-800
    nikon sb-600

nice they are neat, i like #3 the most!!
    Canon EOS 30D | EF 70-200mm f/4L | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma 10-20mm f/4 EX | Strobist gear galore

Thanks guys. Torn between the last three. Looked through your gallery a bit pbd. Definitely some cool ones in there. Liked some of the hay bales. I tried a couple with some colored lights but it didnt really turn out. Something to play with more next time I guess. Is the color in yours from a gelled strobe or flashlight through something colored or...

all my colored lights are strictly glow sticks, the batery operated ones, the soft glow will not over power the shot too much,all of those shots were done with in 30 second exposures,.
    Nikon D300
    11mm-16mm tokina f2.8
    18mm-55mm
    55mm-200mm vr.
    Nikon F65
    28mm-80mm
    28mm-70mm
    Sony H5 p&s
    1.7 tele lens
    nikon sb-800
    nikon sb-600

Thread Information