ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 69 of 69
  1. #51
    mod squad gahspidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    N.Y. U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,368

    Re: Newest member. . .

    Gary,
    Ophelia looks a bit like Molly..........
    Liz
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Holy @#%&, LOL. When I first opned the thread and saw the pics of Molly, I thought "Did I post these pics of Ophelia and Eclipse"? Don't remember having those nor do I have that chair and carpet!
    Amazing. . . I love when they lay on their side like that and then roll on their back with legs out like they are airing out their privates. Looks like a sweet girl.
    please do not edit and repost my photos


    gary


  2. #52
    mod squad gahspidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    N.Y. U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,368

    Re: Newest member. . .

    Well, a year has come and gone since i started this thread. Actually, early June is Iki's birthday so this is a bit late. This little guy is not so little anymore and turned out to be a big beautiful cat with a great temperment and personality.
    Just thought I'd throw a few pics up on here to let everyone who had initially been following his progress see what he has been up to. . .lounging around as cats do best.
    This guy really loves to stretch out when he sleeps and even when pulling his legs or whiskers he does not budge. Certainly enjoys and indulges in his cat naps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newest member. . .-iki-1.jpg   Newest member. . .-iki-4.jpg   Newest member. . .-iki-3.jpg   Newest member. . .-iki-2.jpg  
    please do not edit and repost my photos


    gary


  3. #53
    project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    wa state
    Posts
    11,195

    Re: Newest member. . .

    Glad you caught us up, Gary! He certainly does look comfortable but then I've never seen a cat look uncomfortable when sleeping. Wish I could relax my body that much!
    Keep Shooting!

    CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

    Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

  4. #54
    LRPS Alison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,773

    Re: Newest member. . .

    Wow! You did a great job of raising him. He certainly looks like he has made himself very comfortable with your family lol. Thanks for updating us.

  5. #55
    Liz
    Liz is offline
    Moderator Emeritus Liz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,983

    Re: Newest member. . .

    Oh my goodness! Look at Iki now! What a beautiful kitty he is turning out to be. How does he get along with Ophelia? I see her in the background.......she reminds me of Molly who stays far away from the camera.

    I'm so happy to see the "Ikster" again. Thanks so much for updating us. I just went through the whole thread from the day you first posted his first picture - at 2 (frail) weeks old......then a baby kitten, etc........and now - what a beautiful cat he is.

    Liz

  6. #56
    mod squad gahspidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    N.Y. U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,368

    Re: Newest member. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Frog
    Glad you caught us up, Gary! He certainly does look comfortable but then I've never seen a cat look uncomfortable when sleeping. Wish I could relax my body that much!
    Very true! Yes, I too wish I could relax like that. . .workin on it.
    please do not edit and repost my photos


    gary


  7. #57
    mod squad gahspidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    N.Y. U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,368

    Re: Newest member. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Alison
    Wow! You did a great job of raising him. He certainly looks like he has made himself very comfortable with your family lol. Thanks for updating us.
    Thanks Alison. He is actually going to the vet in the next hour for a check up. He has ocassionally been coughing and wheezing as if he were having trouble breathing and although it only happens once in a while i want to make sure he ok. We are going away for a few days and he has to stay at home with the girls, although my daughter will be checking in on them over the course of the few days that were gone.
    please do not edit and repost my photos


    gary


  8. #58
    mod squad gahspidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    N.Y. U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,368

    Re: Newest member. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    Oh my goodness! Look at Iki now! What a beautiful kitty he is turning out to be. How does he get along with Ophelia? I see her in the background.......she reminds me of Molly who stays far away from the camera.

    I'm so happy to see the "Ikster" again. Thanks so much for updating us. I just went through the whole thread from the day you first posted his first picture - at 2 (frail) weeks old......then a baby kitten, etc........and now - what a beautiful cat he is.

    Liz
    Ah, Liz i was just looking at Mollys photos you uploaded to this thread. Actually, that is Eclipse in the bg. she is the submissive one who stays out of Ophelia and Iki's way. She also likes to eat too much and we are working on a diet for her.
    Iki and Ophelia get along very well. Iki loves to play constantly and when Ophy is not in the mood she is still able to put Iki in his place, even though he is bigger and stronger than her. I think he still sees himself as the young one in the family and respects his older sisters. He could esaily take her on but when it starts to get serious he seems to back down out of respect. Quite interesting.
    please do not edit and repost my photos


    gary


  9. #59
    Snap Happy CaraRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Posts
    2,474

    Re: Newest member. . .

    What a great story. I'm glad he made it and turned out to be such a handsome adult!

  10. #60
    Senior Member OldClicker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mundelein, IL USA
    Posts
    4,075

    Re: Newest member. . .

    How have I missed this thread??? What a great story with wonderful shots. The first ones with the eyes closed will tear your heart out.

    I am very allergic to cats so the most we have ever had at one time was five. Currently just receiving contacts from the Wayward Dog Agency.

    TF
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

  11. #61
    Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,750

    Re: Newest member. . .

    Ah thanks for the update Gary.
    I have to show Angie how little Iki turned out.
    She recognised the pictures of him as a kitten - she's cat woman!
    She knows all the local cats, where they ought to live, who likes tickles, who runs away.
    Sorry I missed your request for more pictures of Tess.
    I threw this together in Lightroom http://smartwombat.myphotos.cc/gallery/Tess
    PAul

    Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

  12. #62
    Liz
    Liz is offline
    Moderator Emeritus Liz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,983

    Re: Newest member. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    Ah thanks for the update Gary.
    I have to show Angie how little Iki turned out.
    She recognised the pictures of him as a kitten - she's cat woman!
    She knows all the local cats, where they ought to live, who likes tickles, who runs away.
    Sorry I missed your request for more pictures of Tess.
    I threw this together in Lightroom http://smartwombat.myphotos.cc/gallery/Tess
    Paul,

    I couldn't get the pictures to load when I got to the website - it may be my computer. I'll try again later. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics of Tess.

    Liz

  13. #63
    Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,750

    Re: Newest member. . .

    Just checking Liz, I can see the thumbnail index pages fine.
    And on direct image link http://smartwombat.myphotos.cc/galle...291_large.html is working for me now.

    My ISP seems to do rather a lot of maintenance, and seems that I suffer 5 minute outages rather often at night (UK time) so it's worth trying again in a while.
    PAul

    Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

  14. #64
    mod squad gahspidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    N.Y. U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,368

    Re: Newest member. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by CaraRose
    What a great story. I'm glad he made it and turned out to be such a handsome adult!
    Thanks Cara, he really has come a long way and is quite a delightful and fun cat to be around.
    please do not edit and repost my photos


    gary


  15. #65
    mod squad gahspidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    N.Y. U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,368

    Re: Newest member. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by OldClicker
    How have I missed this thread??? What a great story with wonderful shots. The first ones with the eyes closed will tear your heart out.

    I am very allergic to cats so the most we have ever had at one time was five. Currently just receiving contacts from the Wayward Dog Agency.

    TF
    Well, the thread is over a year old and was buried under most of the time. I can hardly believe you can still deal with 5 cats while being allergic. Now thats devotion. I never understood how people managed to wind up with so many cats, but after officially becoming a cat person i can see how. If i had more room, I would probably have more, and a couple dogs as well.
    please do not edit and repost my photos


    gary


  16. #66
    mod squad gahspidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    N.Y. U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,368

    Re: Newest member. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    Ah thanks for the update Gary.
    I have to show Angie how little Iki turned out.
    She recognised the pictures of him as a kitten - she's cat woman!
    She knows all the local cats, where they ought to live, who likes tickles, who runs away.
    Sorry I missed your request for more pictures of Tess.
    I threw this together in Lightroom http://smartwombat.myphotos.cc/gallery/Tess
    Great Paul! These are wonderful. The link and pics load right up, but only the pics seem to load up very slowly, perhaps the files are large.
    I love the ones of Angie and Tess at the shelter or rescue center getting friendly with Tess.
    Its great to see how she went from there to your home and how comfortable she has become. Love the shot of "If you stop following me, I can go hunting"
    You know, Tess looks just like Iki's mother. She is still around actually. She just had another litter and there is a neighbor close by that takes care of the kittens and is trying to find them homes.
    We came back from the Vet with Iki and the Doc says that his wheezing and coughing although very seldom is probably a slight form of cat asthma. Not too be alarmed he said. He was very impressed at how healthy Iki is otherwise. Just in case it might be hairballs that are not coming out, he gave us a mineral oil medication that should help move any hairballs out. Iki does groom a lot and grooms the girls sometimes as well. He also licks everybody constantly. He licks our faces when we go to bed, lick our hands and seems insulted if I tell him to cut it out.
    Thanks for the pics Paul, it was nice to catch up.
    please do not edit and repost my photos


    gary


  17. #67
    mod squad gahspidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    N.Y. U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,368

    Re: Newest member. . .

    Also wanted to mention that this photo here of Iki was used in a book called "Paws for Charity" which helps to raise money for the Avon Breast Cancer Foundation.
    So Iki's great face will help to save other lives as well.
    please do not edit and repost my photos


    gary


  18. #68
    Liz
    Liz is offline
    Moderator Emeritus Liz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,983

    Re: Newest member. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by gahspidy
    Also wanted to mention that this photo here of Iki was used in a book called "Paws for Charity" which helps to raise money for the Avon Breast Cancer Foundation.
    So Iki's great face will help to save other lives as well.
    Oh My Goodness! What an incredible photo! Prize Winner........and it's awesome that the photo was used for a charity for breast cancer.

    Thanks for sharing it here!

    Liz

  19. #69
    Liz
    Liz is offline
    Moderator Emeritus Liz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,983

    Re: Newest member. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    Just checking Liz, I can see the thumbnail index pages fine.
    And on direct image link http://smartwombat.myphotos.cc/galle...291_large.html is working for me now.

    My ISP seems to do rather a lot of maintenance, and seems that I suffer 5 minute outages rather often at night (UK time) so it's worth trying again in a while.
    Paul,

    Since Gary didn't have a problem except for some slow uploading of the pics, I guess there is a glitch somewhere with my computer.....strange. Today I just got the Red X - on all thumbnails so nothing would come up.

    Liz

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •