ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Newest Family member

Well my family grew by one today with the addition of this furry little critter seen here on my sisters lap.
    The old dog is already used to her, the cat, well she has been nose to nose with her a few times but then runs off and hides.
    This is one very cute 13 week old, of course she chews on everything in site. She is very cuddly and wants to be held constantly. I took her for a tour of the yard and house and she made herself at home right away, especially in the bedroom where she jumped right up and went to sleep!
    I met my sister in Elizabethtown Ky (instead of Shepherdsville as intended) and once on the road this little critter bounced around the van for a half hour then jumped in the passenger seat and went to sleep the rest of the 3 hour trip. Now I have my hands full training the little chewer.
    I didn't have time to take more photos but I'll get a couple tomorrow. The second is just a crop of the first.

JS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newest Family member-js063778.jpg   Newest Family member-js063778r.jpg  
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

drg

Re: Newest Family member

Awwwww!

Got a name yet?
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

She's cute as a button, JS. I replied to your other post in our gathering thread. I know a little about E'town, too. So what's her name? I am really fighting the urge to get one of those Lab puppies.
    "No man has the right to dictate what other men should perceive, create or produce, but all should be encouraged to reveal themselves, their perceptions and emotions, and to build confidence in the creative spirit." --Ansel Adams

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." --Ansel Adams

I'm kind of leaning towards Cassie...sinece the big dog is Casper
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Cassie is a good name and would fit her fine, I think. Is the big dog white? ;)
    "No man has the right to dictate what other men should perceive, create or produce, but all should be encouraged to reveal themselves, their perceptions and emotions, and to build confidence in the creative spirit." --Ansel Adams

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." --Ansel Adams

LOL, no, the big dog is a part rot part lab
    The poor cat is in hiding, bot sure she likes the new addition yet. She'll get used to him though...I give her two more days. She is sooo cuddly! And she slept right beside me all night....of course the old guy was watching her closely.

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

I forgot to mention that this cute little critters mother survived Huricane Katrina and the flooding of New Orleans. Her mother is still in NO. My neice gave her to me as she and her boyfriend had left NO this weekend for NYC and it would be difficult for them to find housing for them and twod dogs. The other dog is a pitbull puppy. Hearing my older dog isn't doing well (tumors) my neice decided to give this one to me. She stopped at her parents in TN and then her mom and I met up yesterday
    I was going to take a couple of pictures today but it is raining and ugly outside today.

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Well sounds like Cassie comes from good stock for survivors. That's the one thing a lot of people looked over I think; the number of pets that had to go through Katrina. Sorry to hear about the old dog. That is how I lost my buddy of about 10 years last year. I told myself no more, at least until I had more time to devote to one. But now this friend has implanted the images of those cute Lab puppies in my head.

Glad to know that your niece and her family came through alright down there. Hope they are able to get things going in NY.

Not-so-recent Nikon Convert livin4lax09's Avatar

was thinking this would be about a new addition to the equipment family. Cute pup though!

Digitally Challenged - Bonkers Kaelastreet's Avatar

Awwww, want one.... a four footed foto opportunity, for life!....

Kizz

Nothing is ever as it seems to be

JS,

Definitely will keep you busy; and give you something to shoot (photographically, of course)

Well, JS, I was given a big surprise yesterday when I got home from work. Actually, it was a little surprise. I am now the proud papa of lil chocolate lab puppy. Photos will be forthcoming soon as I can.

my poor kitty! She's terrified of the new dog. I just wish she was house trained...whoever said she was lied

Congrats SRobb! My neighbor has a full grown chocolate lab...big, pretty dog!

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Cute puppy JS. Doesn't your kitty realize she's just a play toy for her? Sounds like she's a survivor and has a great personality. House training and teething are all worth it for a loving companion as I'm sure you know.

Congrats to SRobb also for your new lab. Smart beautiful dogs!
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Thanks guys. I will try to post some pics soon as I can get some good ones. At 9 weeks, he must be in his lazy stage. All he does it seems is sleep. Guess that could be a good thing.

Here are three new shots of the "puppy" and one of the senior citizen.

JS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newest Family member-js063800.jpg   Newest Family member-js063814.jpg   Newest Family member-js063845.jpg   Newest Family member-js063857.jpg  
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Cassie is just adorable. The old guy really shows his age when the gray starts showing.

Yeah, poor Casper, the Old guy had the Rottie brown spots over his eyes and sudenly (I just noticed) they are now white/gray! He is really showing his age in the past month as he stopped eating dry food, chew bones or anything solid. Now he also is having respiratory problems, most likely due to the heartworm problems he had last fall. Even with heartworm treatment he suffered from it and it cost over $600 to "fix" but apparently his lungs just didn;t recover. He still gets up the energy though to play some.

Right now they are outside asleep together Now the cat is roaming, until the little comes in again.

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Great looking dog JS. Makes me want to get another Rottie. Mine thought that he was still a puppy, a 140 lbs. puppy.

Srobb, congrats one the new member also.

Thread Information