New York take 2

Printable View

• 04-15-2004, 06:49 PM
    walterick
    Yes, you :)
    I seem to remember you and Paul going back and forth about shooting prostitutes - er their picture that is - so I thought I'd throw one in the mix to keep you guys happy. :)

I knew you weren't coming.

But an extra prostitute can't hurt anything.

What say, gang? A stein for Steve?

pps She's working in a town near Brookhaven, I think?

Rick
  • 04-15-2004, 06:52 PM
    walterick
    How cute...
    She puts a picture of Marianne as her avatar and suddenly she's a song writer :)

I'll buy a copy of the single when it comes out.

I remember last NY gathering when I wrote a NY song to the tune of "Off to See the Wizard." I'm glad to see the tradition has continued ;)

Rick
  • 04-15-2004, 06:57 PM
    walterick
    Water and Orange Juice.
    Orange juice to fight the buggies and water to flush 'em out.

I told someone "water and orange juice" once and she went home and mixed water and orange juice together (!)

I hope you guys are better! We'll sweat it outa ya by running around the city all day :)

Rick

ps Glad everyone likes the print exchange idea so far.
  • 04-16-2004, 04:33 AM
    natatbeach
    did you?
    I didn't know you had written a song for the last NY trip :confused:

oh well...maybe I'll try out for American Idol and be the William Hung---actually I think he probably sings better than I do! :eek:
  • 04-16-2004, 06:16 AM
    megan
    Did I hear photo exchange?
    alrighty!
    i'm in! i can't afford 8x10's this time though - would 5x7's be okay?

i'll enlarge a new orleans holga pics which have not had their 'net debut yet! <LOL>

how many should i order? who's in? i have to order them tuesday at the latest so that i get them in time for the exchange.......

penny and gene, throw those toothbrushes out, wash your pillowcases in hot water and GET BETTER!!!!

megan
  • 04-16-2004, 06:18 AM
    megan
    My vote -
    I vote for 10 a.m.!

Megan
  • 04-17-2004, 05:15 AM
    walterick
    Are we doing the traditional photo exchange as well?
    I thought we were leaning towards a post-gathering exchange of shots we took during the gathering, so we can all have a taste of the trip through different peoples' lenses. But I can do the other one too if that's what we decide.

LET'S DECIDE!

Rick
  • 04-17-2004, 05:19 AM
    walterick
    I would also say 10, but...
    I'm wondering will everyone be in town by then? Perhaps 1:30 (though more crowded?) may be the better bet (and warmer). Just a thought. Let's all chime in on this.

Rick
  • 04-17-2004, 01:02 PM
    walterick
    Yes, it went...
    "Weeeee're OFF to see the city,
    The wonderful City of York
    If ever a wonderful City there was,
    It's York because because because
    Because Because Because Because Because.....
    Because of the wondeful things it does
    (bum da da dum da da dum da dum)
    We're off to see the City!
    The wonderful City of York!"
  • 04-17-2004, 01:07 PM
    walterick
    You think?
    Actually, most photographers would consider the 10am light better than the 1:30. But that's your style, hey work it girl! :p

I think I'll email Megan soon if she doesn't pop here soon.

Are you guys interested in a traditional print exchange in addition to the post-gathering one? I'd say probably not both..

Rick
  • 04-17-2004, 03:46 PM
    megan
    i'm here i'm here
    ah! i get the photo exchange idea now. sorry about the reading comprehension issue <g> - i did so well on my SATs! oh well!

except - crap, i LIVE here [nyc]. <sigh>

megan
  • 04-17-2004, 04:39 PM
    walterick
    Yeah, but...
    You haven't seen what "here" looks like with all of OUR lenses turned on it! ;)

But, I can see how a bunch of other people's pictures of NY would seem less than exciting to you. Maybe we can compromise? How 'bout a standard photo exchange AND an after-photo exchange? I'm sure there's a way to make everyone feel yummy.

Rick
  • 04-17-2004, 09:02 PM
    megan
    LOL - too much work!
    hey, i'm easy. whatever the consensus is - i'll play along!

megan
  • 04-17-2004, 10:39 PM
    Mig
    Actually I think that was Megan who said an early dinner was better. I don't think I'm going to make it after all. Between work and school finals approaching (4 weeks - ack!!) I've got too much going on.

Hope you guys have a blast! I'm looking forward to seeing lots of photos.

Danielle
  • 04-18-2004, 06:08 AM
    walterick
    Aw...
    Well, keep us informed Mig. We'll save a seat for you JUST IN CASE.

Good luck with finals!

Rick
  • 04-20-2004, 06:31 AM
    megan
    **IMPORTANT** please read and respond re: dinner
    I'm going to call and make the reservations...

I need a final headcount and we need to decide on what time. If everyone is taking the afternoon ferry tour, we have to figure out a reasonable time. Is it, indeed, 3 hours?

I was the one that can only make an early dinner, but if later is better for everyone else, don't plan around me.

Let me know if this list is correct:

RICK
    MEGAN
    NATALIE
    JOEMAGS
    PENNY & GENE

PS. - If we're all downtown after the ferry, there are other options for dinner in the village. So far, there are only 6 of us - that may not be enough for John's, and it's not too many people to descent on another restaurant unannounced. Just a thought!

Thanks,
    Megan
  • 04-20-2004, 08:10 AM
    paulnj
    I WOULD HONESTLY LOVE TO JOIN IN ON SATURDAY, BUT....

getting up on friday at 8pm and making the city around NOON the next day ISN'T going to make for a fun time with Paul. especially around 4pm when I fall asleep on the sidewalk!!!!

SUNDAY THOUGH... B&H then CENTRAL PARK(if it's not raining HARD...)
  • 04-20-2004, 02:12 PM
    joemags
    Re: Dinner
    Count me in for the boat ride and dinner.
    That was pier 83 for the 1:30pm Circle Line tour?
  • 04-20-2004, 02:26 PM
    joemags
    Re: Paulnj
    Hey Paul,

I'm confused about the times you mentioned. Are you taking a train or something? If you could drive up to Bergen County Saturday morning, I would pick you up and drive into Manhattan. Hillsborough is just over an hour to Bergen County. Keep in mind that after dinner Saturday night, I will be heading back home to Bergen County. I don't know if this helps or not.

Let me know.

Take Care,
    Joe Mags
  • 04-20-2004, 02:31 PM
    joemags
    Re: Paulnj
    Sorry Paul,

I just went back and re-read all the posts. I should have done that first! You work nights, I get it now.

Take Care,
    Joe Mags
  • 04-20-2004, 08:47 PM
    walterick
    *important!*
    Hey Megan

Glad you posted this. There is a change:
    NATALIE IS NO LONGER COMING.

So we are few.

Joe's only takes reservations for 15? I think we had that problem last year.

Here's my recommendation:
    Ferry ride, then early dinner. If NY is anything like DC, then NOBODY'S eating dinner around 4:30-5, so dropping in unannounced shouldn't be a concern. Especially since we are... 5?

Thanks for posting this, I meant to get this out sooner. I appreciate you making reservations but I'd let it go for now. I'll make another post with a possible day schedule for Saturday. Thanks again!

Rick
  • 04-20-2004, 08:52 PM
    walterick
    Here's my suggestion for Saturday:
    (subject to revision and ridicule, as deemed necessary ;)

Meet at Ferry ticket couner in morning. You'll have to tell me where it is, I don't know :) Buy our tickets early so it doesn't sell out.
    THEN go do our NY things, like ICP, walking through Central Park, getting ourselves lost or in trouble, etc.
    THEN going on our ferry boat ride. THEN going to dinner.
    THEN painting the town familiar that night!

Sound good?
    Any takers?

Rick
  • 04-21-2004, 04:52 AM
    walterick
    Weather update!
    Saturday looks mostly sunny (fingers crossed!) but there's rain on either side of it. Hmm.... Penny and Gene looks like I held off the weather just for our day ;)

Rick
  • 04-21-2004, 05:59 AM
    natatbeach
    Sad but true
    I'm out for the entirety of the trip for now...still trying to figure out how to get there for the day but for now--I'm a no go. Some things have come up and fallen thru that will keep me from the big city... maybe we can meet up again in the fall. Have fun and post lots of pics...:(
  • 04-21-2004, 06:00 AM
    paulnj
    YES I DO.....and it is by far the evilest thing I've ever had to endure!!!

bitter work environment, empty promises pay, hours...... AND I'M too tired when the sun is up ;(

I will sleep saturday and get up at 3AM reguardless. getting michelle up is the hard part :)

BERGEN COUNTY!!! isn't that the WAYNE area? as in fairly close to high point, greenwood lake? or is that the MEADOWLANDS area? I'm a fan of sussex, hunterdon, salem, ocean and cape may counties :)

3 weeks to the mass invasion of my feathered friends :D