ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Cool New Camera (New to Me)

This morning I went to a local photo store to get a Canon LiDE 700F Photo Scanner so I can post photos on PR, while waiting for a clerk, I found a Bronica ETR C, w/Prism and WL Finders, Speed Grip, 2 focusing screens, 50mm F2.8 and 75 mm F2.8 all in Exc (-) or better at a price I could not refuse. The store owner even tossed in a roll of film and developing. So now I am back in the Medium Format (645) business. and still do not have an adequate scanner:cryin: guess I will just have to wait for my next check from Uncle Sam.

While several generations old, the Bronica is still a workhorse, and will produce super slides and prints, I plan on using it for portraits, and landscapes.:thumbsup:
    Bill,

Feel Free TO EDIT My Photos, But Please Tell Me Why
    I have gone over to the dark side, no more film.
    Canon T2i, 18-135 IS
    Digital Point&Shot - Canon Powershot A470

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: New Camera (New to Me)

Congrats on your new toys! Have you considered outsourcing your scanning? I don't know how much you plan on doing so it may not be worth it. Scanning is as much of an art as it is science and can be very time consuming. If you don't plan on doing a lot of it they it could be handled at home. If you are planning on scanning lots of film/prints I would consider outsourcing it. You may find this article useful if that is something you consider doing.

http://www.macworld.com/article/1435...escanning.html

I have an older Epson scanner that will do up to 4x5 transparencies. I have done a few of my slides with it but I know I could get much better quality by having it done professionally. In fact one of my goals is to organize my slides this month so I can send them out to be scanned.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. At this time the only reason I care about scanning images would be to post them on PR for critique, and sharing. We have a 2 year old HP 6280 All In One, but it will not scan a 4 x 6 print as a complete image and includes the other 3/4 of the bed in the scan.

The link you provided was very informative and interesting and for many photographers would be a fantastic resource.

Thanks again,
    Bill,

Feel Free TO EDIT My Photos, But Please Tell Me Why
    I have gone over to the dark side, no more film.
    Canon T2i, 18-135 IS
    Digital Point&Shot - Canon Powershot A470

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

In the future you could have a cd made of your film when it is developed.
    Not sure but don't think it costs very much.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Congrats on the new acquisitions.

I still have all my Bronica ETRS system. Thought about shooting film recently but not having a medium format film scanner made that impulse go away. Some newer flatbed scanners actually do OK if you're interested in producing smaller prints.

I still have a complete darkroom in the basement but the thought of firing that up gives me the shudders. So with no real way to output the work, I gave up.

But I still like having the Bronica stuff
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

No clue about that Bronica brand but hope to see some of your samples soon :thumbsup:

Canon XSi
    Canon EF-S 17-85mm IS USM
    Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS
    1. "A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words."Ansel Adams
    2. "Photography is more than a medium for factual communication of ideas. It is a creative art."Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by w.slayman
    Mike,

Thanks for the reply. At this time the only reason I care about scanning images would be to post them on PR for critique, and sharing. We have a 2 year old HP 6280 All In One, but it will not scan a 4 x 6 print as a complete image and includes the other 3/4 of the bed in the scan.

The link you provided was very informative and interesting and for many photographers would be a fantastic resource.

Thanks again,
    Heck you just need to get some scanning software. You can scan just the area you wish in Photoshop, or many other graphic editing programs.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Thread Information