ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Need your opinions about a "stock site"...

Hey all, this is as much to inform the members here as to answer an intriguing question. First of all, check out this site:

http://www.ifree-stock-photos.com/ph...rch-rated.aspx

Now, by "check out", I mean see if you can find any of your images. They seem to be resourcing a gallery from another photography site I belong to, and one of the members found some of his own images there.

So here's the intriguing part. They're not actually posting the photos on the site, rather they're linking to them from the gallery in question. Given that, and the fact that they give credit for copyright and such, what if anything are they doing wrong?

- Joe U.
    I have no intention of tiptoeing through life only to arrive safely at death.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: Need your opinions about a "stock site"...

I think it's a scamming site.
    They are taking images and descriptions from just about anywhere, including commercial website product descriptions, for sale items, any old rubbish.
    It is definitely not a stock site.
    You need a (expensive) copyright lawyer, my thought is taking small segments of people's websites and abusing them like this can't be "fair use" and ought to be copyright violation.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Thread Information