ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Name that photographer...

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: Name that photographer...

Hmmm...that was a tough one!!! hehe...so many from WI to choose from and of course b/w...hmmm...who do we know that does b/w....hehe...nice looking dog. I had a boxer once named Cindy. She literally gave her life protecting me and my sisters. :-( I was too young to remember the story, but as I understand, some bigger kids were picking on us while we were at another house. Cindy saw it and tried to jump the fence (picket) to come protect us and she ripped herself open. :-(...she had to be put down. They are very protective and make good childrens pets, in my opinion and from some of what I have read. It looks like your daughter has already bonded well!!! hehe..

Personal note...Kim and I are going to look at cameras in Madison tonight and tomorrow. You really excited her. She has really been trying to learn our camera and wants a DSLR as soon as possible. I was thinking the D200, but I think it's going to be out of our price range...so will probably go the D70/D50 and a good 2nd lens, but we are going to look at several others as well to make sure we get the best bang for our bucks. I think she'll be ready for our Madison shoot in May...hehe...We look forward to seeing you and Michael again and of course meeting everyone else.
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    I was thinking the D200, but I think it's going to be out of our price range...so will probably go the D70/D50 and a good 2nd lens, but we are going to look at several others as well to make sure we get the best bang for our bucks.
    Ken

Well, if you really want her to have something nice, you'd probably want to go with Canon, since everyone knows that's better. I'm glad I was of some help, even though the whole lights thing confuses me. Make sure she shares once she starts shooting.

Not our dog... if/when (hopefully closer to when) we get one, it is not going to be so big. We are going to look at the midsized models.

Uh, the best one?

What's that kid doing in the photo, though?

Let's see, maybe the B&W one from Wisconsin?

Cool - a friend here provides a foster home for Boxers. Some people don't know what they're getting into with them - any dog, really. Big dogs rule, but they kinda know that. Our Malamute and Samoyed keep trying anyway.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    Well, if you really want her to have something nice, you'd probably want to go with Canon, since everyone knows that's better. I'm.
    Well, actually, I am considering a 10D if I can find a new one at a reasonable rate...hehe...but so far...no O'Canon clan has spoken up in my thread . Only have a "Samurai" recommending the D70. Maybe I'll wait on a choice until I see which camera has the best support from my PR friends!!! hahahahahaha...

Actually, I have posted one of Kims. It's a collaboration...see what you think... HERE .

Ken
    Ken

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Well, actually, I am considering a 10D if I can find a new one at a reasonable rate...hehe...but so far...no O'Canon clan has spoken up in my thread . Only have a "Samurai" recommending the D70. Maybe I'll wait on a choice until I see which camera has the best support from my PR friends!!! hahahahahaha...

Actually, I have posted one of Kims. It's a collaboration...see what you think... HERE .

Ken
    I may be replacing my 10d in the near future. If I do before you buy something, I'll let you know.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Yes...thanx...I would definitely consider yours!!!!!! We will probably be purchasing shortly after PMA 2006. I want to wait and see whats on the horizon Again...thanx...
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Nice looking boxer. How old is he? Some of my in-laws have boxers, they're a really neat breed!
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

I think around a year, but this was taken probably 4-6 months ago. I was just talking to the mom who belongs to these two about using a different photo for the framer that I supply, and she had mentioned this site.

Thread Information