ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Post my Nikon 3200 Bday surprise

First off,I have to say "I Love This Site" :thumbsup:
    I have been an avid lurker since i joined in '05, and in my earlier days i posted a few pics and posts,and then life got complicated lol anyway I had an Olympus DSLR and it was quite the love hate relationship which finally was solved when it was stolen

So after that I have been using a number of differnt point and shoots and getting some great pics,and eventually maybe i will start an album and share

Anyway,me and the hubby are sitting watching TV and theres the ad for the new Nikon3200,and i'm totally wowed! So then my hubby asks if I would like the camera for my Bday?? So that got me thinking and of course searching the web and the forums,and I have to say a big THANKYOU to PhotoJohn !! I read alot of posts and reviews by you and made my choice to get this camera and also i choose to upgrade my lens after i got my camera,and I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of a nikon 18-200mm VRII ,I did alot of reading and hopefully I choose well (fingers x) I really wanted a lens that I wouldnt have to change out,and would pretty much have me covered when I was out and about.

Anyway I am looking forward to posting and sharing my new adventures with my new camera :thumbsup:

Again Awesome site

Re: my Nikon 3200 Bday surprise

Thanks for posting, Martine! I'm glad you've finally moved beyond lurker status and introduced yourself. I'm also happy to know someone is reading and benefiting from my articles. I know I wasn't that excited about the D3200 because I thought the resolution was higher than necessary. But I'm sure it's still a good camera and I hope it works well for you. On the other hand, I have raved about the Nikkor 18-200mm VR lens, and all of the the 18-200mm lenses, for that matter. I own the Canon and don't know how I'd live without it.

Please write a review for your D3200 once you get to know it well. User reviews from all types and levels of photographers are the foundation of this site and we could really use your review. I just discovered the D3200 hasn't been added to our reviews section yet. I'm going to take care of that now and then give you a link so you can write a review
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Nikon D3200 Review Page

The Nikon D3200 user review page has been added!

Nikon D3200 Reviews

Please write a review so other photographers can benefit from your experience. And don't think your opinion doesn't matter. It does. There are other photographers out there with the same kind of experience and interests who will really benefit from your review, Everyone's review counts!

Thanks in advance for your review and thanks for the nice post. I hope your new camera is great for you. Also, make sure to share some photos with us on the Nikon Forum or the gallery!
    Photo-John

Thankyou for the reply and info and i will post some pics.I do have to say that my new camera is great for the newbie or anyone thats not familiar with settings or like me bad memory and has to keep the manual handy.All you have to do is turn the camera on and turn the dial to guide and the screen give you all your phot options and you choose right from the screen and take your photo ,no having to switch elsewhere to complete your setting.It is very easy to use,the only thing you have to do is decide on what type of lens to use,and as i`m not one to fuss that much I decised the 18-200mm was perfect for me.Anyway thankyou and i will be posting and loading pics very soon.

cheers

Don't be shy go ahead and post some pictures. Like you I totally rely on reviews. I live 80 miles from the nearest store and with that I had my NEX 7 in hand weeks before it was in the store.
    We are here to help and the knowledge. Franglais is the Nikon expert here. You can find him the the Nikon forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Martine2005 View Post
    First off,I have to say "I Love This Site" :thumbsup:
    I have been an avid lurker since i joined in '05, and in my earlier days i posted a few pics and posts,and then life got complicated lol anyway I had an Olympus DSLR and it was quite the love hate relationship which finally was solved when it was stolen

So after that I have been using a number of differnt point and shoots and getting some great pics,and eventually maybe i will start an album and share

Anyway,me and the hubby are sitting watching TV and theres the ad for the new Nikon3200,and i'm totally wowed! So then my hubby asks if I would like the camera for my Bday?? So that got me thinking and of course searching the web and the forums,and I have to say a big THANKYOU to PhotoJohn !! I read alot of posts and reviews by you and made my choice to get this camera and also i choose to upgrade my lens after i got my camera,and I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of a nikon 18-200mm VRII ,I did alot of reading and hopefully I choose well (fingers x) I really wanted a lens that I wouldnt have to change out,and would pretty much have me covered when I was out and about.

Anyway I am looking forward to posting and sharing my new adventures with my new camera :thumbsup:

Again Awesome site
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thankyou for the reply Greg,

Thanks to Ebay I did'nt have to wait,and it was a really good price more money for lenses
    Its been so rainy here that I havent been able to get out and take pics But I did photo my flower arrangement and the pics were quite good,true to life color,and then I got out my old P&S canons and took the same pic to compare,yup time to go and take a drive lol
    We got some cows down the road with some cute babies,where we are there isnt much else to photo,prairie and maybe 1 tree lol

anyway my mission is to post a pic tonight and write a sml review as PhotoJohn encouraged

Cheers

Martine-
    Where in Alberta do you live? My father is from Lethbridge. Maybe you could take a quick trip to Waterton this weekend. Plenty of stuff to take pictures of there. And cows can actually make a pretty good photo subject. The prairie isn't bad, either. I love Alberta
    Photo-John

Wow did you guess right lol Home for me is Lethbridge as of the last 9mo,i was in Waterton golfing and it is beautiful!! I look forward to going back with my camera.Lethbridge is amazing to look at thru a camera as well, but I have'nt had a chance yet with the new camera.My job takes me to some really great places but this latest posting has me sitting out in the prairie S of Warner for the last 3months.Not alot to see let alone photo but who knows gophers can be interesting too lol

cheers

Thread Information