ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: My LeMond

My LeMond

This bike has been a never ending project it seems. It's a 97 LeMond. It was orange but over the winter a couple of biking co-works stripped it down for me and I sent the frame out for powder coating. After spending days looking at all of the avaliable colors I chose this one. I guess you will be able to see me, right.LOL
    I am ready for spring and I can't wait to try it out. All that is needed is a bottle holder. I have since put a small Domke bag on the bars for my Leica and a couple of rolls of film. Maybe my EPL-1 when it get here.
    Maybe some decals to set it off later too. I took pictures of the original stickers and can have them custom made.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Re: My LeMiond

Greg would approve. - Terry
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Liz

Re: My LeMiond

Nice bike! And nice shot. I really like the color you chose! I hope it glows in the dark to keep you safe!

I have two recreational therapies - photography and bike riding. Whenever I ride my bicycle and/or have my camera in my hands biking or walking through some interesting scenery, I am so PEACEFUL

It's been so cold - and snowy - and icey in NJ the past few weeks - or should I say the past couple of months. There are HUGE mounds of snow drifts all over - and in most areas parking is ....well....non existent.

HOWEVER, by Thursday the temperature may get to 60F - at least it will be in the 50's. Now there is hope.

Have fun Greg - you deserve it.

Liz

Re: My LeMond

Thanks Terry, Thanks Liz. The temps here are going to be in the 60s as well. I might even try it this afternoon.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

All I can think of when looking at a bike is getting hit by a car mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Username2343
    All I can think of when looking at a bike is getting hit by a car mirror.
    I have more problems with mean dogs than anything. It just seems like ALL dogs want to bite me for some reason.

Sony a99/a7R

Very nice Greg! Wish I had my Cannodale back that someone stole out of your storage unit.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Very nice Greg! Wish I had my Cannodale back that someone stole out of your storage unit.
    Sorry to hear about your bike. One think going my way is I am so tall my frame won't fit most.

Sony a99/a7R

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    This bike has been a never ending project it seems. It's a 97 LeMond. It was orange but over the winter a couple of biking co-works stripped it down for me and I sent the frame out for powder coating. After spending days looking at all of the avaliable colors I chose this one. I guess you will be able to see me, right.LOL
    I am ready for spring and I can't wait to try it out. All that is needed is a bottle holder. I have since put a small Domke bag on the bars for my Leica and a couple of rolls of film. Maybe my EPL-1 when it get here.
    Maybe some decals to set it off later too. I took pictures of the original stickers and can have them custom made.
    I really really like this kind of green color. Lest paint mine as well lol

Quote Originally Posted by joro78
    I really really like this kind of green color. Lest paint mine as well lol
    Thanks I get lots of compliments. There is one paint that changes colors with different lighting. I almost got that one.

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information