ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

My last wedding...

Not only was it the most recent, but it's also the last one for me. I tried it for awhile, but it's just not for me. It's not the stress, knowing the equipment, having backups, finding a good lab to work with - I just really don't see them like some of the excellent work that has been posted here. I get much better shots (in my mind) when I can go as a guest with camera and shoot what I want to shoot.

It's difficult to do that and shoot the "requirements" that you just can't miss. One person out of a couple/few hundred has the odds stacked against them when looking for all of the great candid moments that could be photographed. Plus, the summer is going by way too quick and it's a lot of work!

I have to say I haven't had any problems when it comes to clients liking my work, asking for impossible requests or problems with payment. I've met some really nice people and had fun doing it (mostly ;)). Who knows, maybe I'll forget how hard it really is and try it again someday! I also have to say that I have a huge amount of respect for the real pros out there who turn out creative and beautiful images, day after day. It ain't as easy as it looks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My last wedding...-dscf2807.jpg  

Thread Information