ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: My Grandson

Pentax Forum Moderator

My Grandson

Some of you know the story, but for the rest, this is the first time I've seen my grandson since the day he was born on Christmas morn 2004. I got to hold him for about an hour that day before I had to catch my plane back to Wisconsin.
    Anyway, Tyler is now 1 1/2 years old and is growing into a very handsome gentleman. We had a get together of my family's 4 surviving generations. We came from Alaska, Arizona and Wisconsin to meet in Texas, where the matriarch (my mother) resides. It was great to get the whole family together as we have lost several members in the past few years. Anyway, we all got home safely and here is a couple of pics of my grandson, Tyler.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Grandson-weekend-tyler-odessa-p.jpg   My Grandson-tyler-odessa-2006-058pr.jpg  
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: My Grandson

Welcome back Ken & Kim! Looks like someone is enjoying the get together. Hope you had as much fun as Tyler is having in these pics.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Liz

Welcome back Ken! It's good to see you around.

Wow! Tyler is one handsome young boy. It looks like he really enjoys the water - and he must be used to it by the looks of it!

Thanks for sharing your family with us.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Some of you know the story, but for the rest, this is the first time I've seen my grandson since the day he was born on Christmas morn 2004. I got to hold him for about an hour that day before I had to catch my plane back to Wisconsin.
    Anyway, Tyler is now 1 1/2 years old and is growing into a very handsome gentleman. We had a get together of my family's 4 surviving generations. We came from Alaska, Arizona and Wisconsin to meet in Texas, where the matriarch (my mother) resides. It was great to get the whole family together as we have lost several members in the past few years. Anyway, we all got home safely and here is a couple of pics of my grandson, Tyler.

What a cutie!

Hope you guys had good trip! Did you drive? How'd that van work for ya?
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

an hour or a minute--I am so happy you got to spend time with your grandson in any capacity--- a verry little bit we spend with these little ones is a blessing
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Good to hve you back and posting Ken. Glad your trip was safe and that you were able see those love ones that are so far away once again. That Tyler is something else, love lthat beautiful head of hair what I wouldn't give for some of that. couple of grreat pics as well. I hope we get to see more of tyler in the coming days and more from you trip.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

I'm really surpised that he is so comfy using a water slide. Kids surprise me all the time.

Nice story. Reunions are great. Thanks for sharing!
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Pentax Forum Moderator

Thanks everyone. Yes, Michael, we had a great time with everyone, although, too little time.
    Liz - he loved the water. We had to keep a constant eye on him or he would jump right in...hehe...
    Adina...for the most part...the van was great, but we had a problem just north of Kansas City, MO. A transmission line came undone from the radiator. Not sure if we got ripped off for a new radiator ($600) or if Ford has a monopoly on their radiator. I'm battling the charge, but had no choice but to have them fix it at the time.
    Nat - Thanks...yes, time is very precious when you spend it with your loved ones. I did manage to build some great memories in the short amount of time.
    hahaha OT...I know what you mean. I'm not sure where he got all that "curly" hair, but, like you, I sure could use some of it. Oh...btw...that head of hair is "after" he'd just had an inch and a half cut off.
    Manacsa...kids are amazing creatures...he is smart as a whip. Has his grandpa's love of water and adventure. My pleasure to share the joy!!!

I will definitely be posting more as I get them done...btw, the young lady in the first pic is the oldest of my twins and is Tylers aunt.
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Now that you mention it I can see a lot of Ken in that young ladies face. My youngest daughter has such a great time with my grandson that my biggest fear is she'll run out and get married just so she can have one of her own.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Thread Information