ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Pentax Forum Moderator

My First Photo Shoot

Hello all,
    I've been a little quiet this past week as I have been preparing for and shooting my first Photo Shoot. Many thanx to Chunk for getting me involved with the VROC River Runs this past Thurs - Sun. We (my wife and I) shot almost 1500 shots of some fantastic looking Kawasaki Vulcan motorcycles, as well as many other bikes and of course "bikers". I didn't know what to expect or for that matter "what to do", so I just started shooting. After shooting mostly bikes and a few distant group shots, I headed home to make up a flyer (posted below) to pass out the next day, since I didn't have any cards or ways to contact me.

I was hoping to print individual photos while there, but everyone was to busy reaquainting with their friends, so I spent most of the weekend just shooting mostly group shots and a few individual shots.

My wife, Kim, went with me allowing us to keep different lenses going and capturing 2 different views. I was using an 18-55mm on my camera, and she had the 50-200mm on her camera. Lightning conditions were constantly changing from extremely overcast and hazy all the way to bright, but hazy, sunshine, all weekend.

Thursday afternoon and evening was basically just everyone gathering and meeting old friends and new ones.
    Friday, everyone staged at a local motel for a ride to Paragon Customs in Sauk City, Wisconsin. Paragon does custom bikes, cars and misc. parts. They have some wonderful products.
    Kim and I followed and tried to get ahead of the different groups to get them "on the road"! We had limited success doing this, as the main group reached one of the intersections about 3 minutes ahead of us, making it impossible to catch them at the last of the 3 scheduled shooting locations. Of course, we had no idea that they had beaten us, so we sat there for about 4 or 5 minutes before someone stopped to see if we were having trouble and told us that he had seen the main group several miles before ...
    To top it all off, we didn't really know where we were going in Sauk City, but we weren't the only ones. As we pulled into SC, there was one of the groups who also didn't know where to go at the Harley Davidson Dealer, so we pulled in there, until someone from the main group came back and led us to the "party"!!
    After shooting the gathering for several hours, Kim and I headed home. I put together a DVD of the event which I then gave to one of the organizers on Saturday afternoon, of the event who is going to put thumbnails on their website or other website he uses to sell them for me. I shot the final gathering and fund raiser, mingled and made some great contacts. I have some opportunities to possibly shoot some of the custom painters bikes and gear. This would be a dream come true if it comes to fruition.
    Anyway, that has been my week. What do you think of the flyer I threw together. I blurred my personal info for right now since I'm not ready to publish them for any business stuff or risk being spammed on my personal accounts.

Ken

Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Re: My First Photo Shoot

Cool! Congratulations on your first photo shoot Ken! Looks good!

Can you also post a smaller version to make it easier to look at?
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Pentax Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    Can you also post a smaller version to make it easier to look at?
    Hi Rick,
    Thanx alot Rick. I had a blast. Something I forgot to add, but is probably apparent, The photo is of some of the bikes on Thursday night. I stayed up 'til well after midnight trying to put something together, and finally came up with this.
    Anyway, just click on "My Gallery" link in my signature. You can see a small, medium or large (the one posted here) version. If need be, I can post a smaller one.
    Ken

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Pentax Forum Moderator

I decided to go ahead and post the medium view, Rick. I deleted the larger view. If anyone wishes to click on my gallery link, they can see the larger version by clicking twice on the thumbnail.
    ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Congratulations Ken and Kim!!! Looks like a great time!
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Thread Information