ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: My Fireworks stunk

Quote Originally Posted by PrevailingConditions
    Dave,

I agree with the others: your shots are great. I'm especially jealous because I was up in the hills of Soquel instead of down on the beach. Everything was too far away and we had too much haze to get any good shots. I was tempted to nuke the entire batch as well.

John,

It looks to me like you also had some wobblies going on. Did you use a tripod and remote?

Thanks,

PC
    PC.........yes. The remote wasn't working ......I forgot to set the camera to remote commander mode:mad2: . I may have jostled the tripod some.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Looks like this is turning into the official fireworks thread, so here are a few of mine. I tried a new location this year. These are taken from the top of our "main" St. I had a pretty clear shot till this jackass parked in front of me. He's not in a parking spot, and blocking half of an intersection. I wanted to drag him out of his truck and beat him with my tripod :mad2: but instead I moved to the other side of the street. Next time I will be sure to use my level, and they are all a little slanted. Live and learn. For the 3rd image, I was zooming with my lens during the exposure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Fireworks stunk-crw_6107.jpg   My Fireworks stunk-crw_6097.jpg   My Fireworks stunk-crw_6125.jpg   My Fireworks stunk-crw_6147.jpg  
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

photo gallery Mod. starriderrick's Avatar

John,
    Go easy on yourself.Ha!
    It's hard to look good when you got Santa Cruz Dave pulling out all the stops.
    I'm no expert...
    It was my first time shooting fireworks, I used F/9, anywhere from 2 seconds up to 8 seconds in all my shots. Although I did get one wicked cool shot at 10 seconds.{ In the viewfinder.}
    I used self timer, Auto WB, ISO 320-
    Matrix metering,Manual focus and EV comp of -.3

2 lenses did the job the Nikkor 50mm 1.8D, the Sigma 10-20mm.

Rick

John,

Those shots really are fine. You retained color, you had nice bursts. Next time you'll do even better, no big deal. It kinda makes me sad you wanted to delete these. Next time, just let them sit for a while and come back to them, you might just end up liking them after all. Many of my favorite shots are ones I really disliked at first.

Dave P.,

You and that damn beach... you manage to really make something wonderful out of it.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information