ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

My 7 yo has also been busy ...

she does modelling for an agency here and has been getting quite a bit of work. This one was done back in May and we were finally able to go see the product yesterday. They told me it was going to be a big POS poster but I had no idea it woudl be this big!!!
    So far it's up in only one Target store in Melbourne (I had to drive an hour to see it!! ) They plan to have it over all there stores but I have no idea when

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

Re: My 7 yo has also been busy ...

Congrats! That is definately a big poster
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

How cool is that! Mine get so excited to see themselves tiny in a magazine. This is MUCH cooler!

Congrats to her
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

That is way cool. Congrats to your little model. Just hope she doesn't start trying to charge you for taking her picture.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Wow! Way cool! You must be so proud!
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Awesome....if it shows up here in my town I'll be sure to snap a shot for you and post it here.
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Thanks guys. Yes I'm very proud. She has been doing this sort of thing for a while now but this is her first ever "huge" deal!! She was blown away at the sight of it! And thanks Manacsa, I'd love for you to take a shot if it shows up there! Not so sure it will though, they havent even put them all over Aus yet, let alone in one single state! So far it's only in the one store. We had to travel an hour to get to see this one

Quote Originally Posted by tink
    We had to travel an hour to get to see this one
    It must've been worth it just to see the smile on her face! Congratulations to both you and your daughter, how is she dealing with all of this? Does she enjoy it?
    Olympus E-Volt 500
    "Whoever controls the media, controls the mind"
    -Jim Morrison

It looks appropriate for Valentine's day which is in February for us. I'm not sure if Valentine's day is done outside of the U.S.

I wouldn't be surprised if it pops up here late March to early Feb, before the 14th of February.

Marketing is very interesting.
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

AWESOME!!! Congratulations!!!

I wish I had the time and money to pursue this with my girls. They are very natural in front of the camera.
    It's also hard to know who to trust in the world of modelling. I just wouldn't know which way to turn.

Quote Originally Posted by pyxel
    It must've been worth it just to see the smile on her face! Congratulations to both you and your daughter, how is she dealing with all of this? Does she enjoy it?
    Thanks pyxel. Enjoy it? YOu've got to be kidding right? She thrives on it!! She just loves the camera and (very biased here) the camera loves her

Quote Originally Posted by manacsa
    It looks appropriate for Valentine's day which is in February for us. I'm not sure if Valentine's day is done outside of the U.S.

I wouldn't be surprised if it pops up here late March to early Feb, before the 14th of February.

Marketing is very interesting.
    Yes, Valentine'd Day is here too. Also in Feb (14th). It's a good money wasting day for the rich!!! I dont think that was their plan in marketing though although I agree with you about Valentine's!! They have similar posters like this up all over the store as a 'new look' theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Alison
    AWESOME!!! Congratulations!!!

I wish I had the time and money to pursue this with my girls. They are very natural in front of the camera.
    It's also hard to know who to trust in the world of modelling. I just wouldn't know which way to turn.
    Thanks Alison. It is scary not knowing where to start and who to go with. Word of mouth is the best way if you know someone who does it of course. It's not that expensive to start them out. I pay out only $300 per year for Maddie, yet she brings in far more than that per month!! I bank all of her money for her when she gets older. She's already planning on buying a Limosine when she's 18!!! When you think of it in comparison to sports, this is far cheaper and she gets paid to sit and look pretty!! Not hard for her to do ;)

Thread Information