ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

more painting with lights

was out last night hoping for alot of falling stars,but just a few,so i decided to paint with light since i was in the neighbourhood,as they say.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails more painting with lights-colored-hay.jpg   more painting with lights-doublebarreled-hay.jpg   more painting with lights-hayseed.jpg  

GB1

Re: more painting with lights

Polar Bear - OK, but I think you could have done a better job in many respects here.

I guess the comments below are more critique than viewfinder, but regardless...

Hey, the first shot is the best but the colored lights on the top of the haystack don't really signify anything to me (unless I'm missing something?). I do like how the stars are in the shot, but perhaps the hay is overexposed by comparison... There's also no real center of interest. The center one does not have strategically placed lighting, and the bottom one I think your haystacks are over-exposed, as are the grass and bushes.

Anyway, I think you're onto something but you could probably really less loose w/o hurting anything. Throw some ghostly people in the shots, use less foreground illumination, and add a scarecrow or two. That might spice it up.

Gb
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: more painting with lights

now your thinking i knew i was missing something,the different lights are defenitly of different intensities,flood lights directed to the flowers,while a softer light on the bales,previous pictures were too dark on the ground so i thought adding alittle to the grass,the second picture was just a different angle shot,and the first one,had the glow sticks on the ground but showed no detail to the bale,i thought above would work but lights were not strong enought to give detail,other than having them on the edges,the funny part is that i have a white sheet with me at all times to use with the lights,to soften the glow,i never thought of using to create a ghost,i like that idea,but remember i was out to get stars,these pictures were more of opprotunity to play around abit,not much planning put in the detail.just to enjoy what my point and shot camera can do,thats all,thanks for the comments .

Thread Information