ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

mmmmm...CHOCOLATE!!

Found this by surprise...took a photo of a large audience watching a musical performance in Baltimore's Inner Harbor on Sunday. I love to scour an image with a magnifier(in this case enlarging in PS) to see if another, better image can be found within the frame. Lo and behold, I found this little girl thoroughly ... and I mean thoroughly enjoying her chocolate ice cream cone.

The image is grainy/noisy but helps to show off the resolving power of an 8Mp camera. This has been cropped/enlarged at least 12X to get to what you see here. Thanks for viewing.

C-8080

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mmmmm...CHOCOLATE!!-8080balt03-copy.jpg  

Erstwhile Vagabond armed with camera Lionheart's Avatar

Aren't kids cute with food all over their faces?

My little girl eating banana bread on Sunday.
    EOS 10D, 85mm 1/125 f2.2 ISO 800
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mmmmm...CHOCOLATE!!-bananabread.jpg  

This held up great

This held up great for a 12X crop. Nice image it really tells the story. I don't know why many people are so obsessed with the grain (noise) issue. I grew up with Tri X and learned to love grain at an early age. We would push it many time in an effort to enhance grain on some shots. I regularly rated at what was than ASA 600 and developed for 8 minutes in D76, it was just standard protocol in the lab I worked in then. If we wanted fine grain stuff we went to Plus X ASA 100 and developed in Microdol or Acufine (I think.. it has been several years). Grain was just a way of life and added an earthy quality to many photos. In an ideal world all of us would be of the same mind on every issue, but allas it is not so. So for me a little grain now and than isn't a bad thing.

Thanks...I agree about the grain, being a big fan of Delta 3200 and Fuji Neopan 1600. There's just something about digital "grain" that I don't care for. Tri-X has a look all its own...that's why it's still around, I guess. Thanks again.

Junior Member Dennis Strickland's Avatar

I'm hungry too!!

Hey Charles. Been awhile but I'm still kicking. So how's tricks?

Dennis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mmmmm...CHOCOLATE!!-k9.jpg  
    Never Shall I Fail My Comrades

Dennis...good to hear from you...your job still have you living on the edge? Keep us posted . NIce deputy you've got there. :-)

Your avatar, ha ha!

Hi, Dennis. That gorilla avatar is pretty funny. I think your deputy dog looks great.

Spike

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Hess
    Dennis...good to hear from you...your job still have you living on the edge? Keep us posted . NIce deputy you've got there. :-)
    Yeah I'm still locking them up. The domestic security measures that Florida has put in place has us busy too. I still manage to take a photo or two so I'm still burning film. Just not as much as before.

Dennis

[QUOTE=Spike]Hi, Dennis. That gorilla avatar is pretty funny. I think your deputy dog looks great.

I love that shot. I found it on some ape web site.

Dennis

Liz

Smile Good to see you Dennis.......

I was thinking of you a few days ago and wondering how you're doing. Thanks for posting -and I like your deputy too.

Liz

[QUOTE=Dennis Strickland]
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike
    Hi, Dennis. That gorilla avatar is pretty funny. I think your deputy dog looks great.

I love that shot. I found it on some ape web site.

Dennis

Thread Information