ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Mitchell, Murdo, and the Black Hills

I traveled across a large portion of the country last week. I thought I would share a couple of photos from my trip across South Dakota. Mitchell is home to the Corn Palace, Murdo to the Pioneer auto museum, and well you know the Black Hills. The Corn Palace, which is nothing more than a fancy gym, has murals made out of corn and corn plant parts. The Pioneer Auto Museum is an interesting collection of older cars and trucks. And of course there is Rushmore and Crazy Horse.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mitchell, Murdo, and the Black Hills-img_0441-12.jpg   Mitchell, Murdo, and the Black Hills-crw_3380-35.jpg   Mitchell, Murdo, and the Black Hills-img_0453-24.jpg   Mitchell, Murdo, and the Black Hills-img_0491-3.jpg   Mitchell, Murdo, and the Black Hills-crw_3414-8.jpg  

Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

Re: Mitchell, Murdo, and the Black Hills

Are all of those rocks behind the flag left over from the rocks being craved out and what kind of goat is that?
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Aieeee, I haven't been to the corn palace since I was a kid. My Dad used to take me there every year to a big gun show. That brings back some fun memories.

Looks like you had a good time and saw lots of interesting sites!
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    Are all of those rocks behind the flag left over from the rocks being craved out and what kind of goat is that?
    Greg
    Yep those are the remnants of the mountain left over after from the carving of the mountain. They are actually giving them away at the Crazy Horse monument(asking for a donation if you take one).
    That's a Mountain Goat.
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

Thread Information