ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Seb

Michael Reichmann at the Pikto gallery

Has anynone seen (or intend to see) Michael Reichmann (Luminous Landscape) current exhibit at the Pikto gallery in Toronto? He is displaying his recent series from Bangladesh. I'll be there this week end.

Seb

Re: Michael Reichmann at the Pikto gallery

Not me - a little too far... But I have seen the work on his website and it will be a good show. I've got one of his prints - judging by that and what he talks about on his site, the print quality will be exceptional.

It must have been very frustrating having only an hour or so at the salvage yard, I could have spent a week there.

Seb

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    Not me - a little too far... But I have seen the work on his website and it will be a good show. I've got one of his prints - judging by that and what he talks about on his site, the print quality will be exceptional.

It must have been very frustrating having only an hour or so at the salvage yard, I could have spent a week there.
    Hello AnotherView,

Thanks for sharing your thougths. I am thinking that I might/should buy him a print later this year. About the shipbreaking yard, you may want to (no, actually you want to!) watch Edward Burtynsky series on the very same location shot in 2000. I consider that Reichmann did well on that location but Burtynsky's work is simply phenomenal. Probably the best series that I have seen in a lifetime.

regards

Seb

Thanks - I'll check it out.

Thread Information