ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Meet #3

Meet #3

I would like all my PR friends to meet our third grandchild born yesterday morning Oct. 29 at around 4:59 AM. This is Wesley and he checked into this world at 7 lbs 4ozs and 21 inches long. Even though he suprised us all by being three week earlier than we had expected we were more than happy to welcome him into our family. He and his dad David and mom Emily live in Columbus, OH about a three hour drive for Joy and I. We were able to make it to the hospital before he was born so were there to welcome him into the world properly.

#1 Wesley at just one hour old in the hospital nursery.
    #2 Wesley with dad David and mom Emily He is about 2 hour old for his first offical family portrait.
    #3 Three generation. Hard to believe that my son David was ever this small.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Meet #3-dsc_6611-2-640.jpg   Meet #3-dsc_6677-2-640.jpg   Meet #3-dsc_6670-2-640.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Re: Meet #3

Congratulations on the new family member! Glad to hear mom and son are doing well.

Try not to spoil him too much!
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Thanks Troy. It's going to be hard not to spoil him he is our closes grand child at just three hours away.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Congrats! You beat me to #3. My third grandchild isn't due until June.

Quote Originally Posted by Frog
    Congrats! You beat me to #3. My third grandchild isn't due until June.
    Congrats to you as well. Hard to convey to other what it's like to be a grand parent until they have experience it as well. We now have 3 grandsons and Jack our oldest grandson is awaiting the birth of his first sibling in April. I don't want to put any pressure on my daughter pepper523 but it is about time for a little girl again in the family.

Nikon Samurai #13

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Congratulations Larry!! Looking forward to seeing more pics!
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

What a cutie! I can't wait to meet him.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    We now have 3 grandsons and Jack our oldest grandson is awaiting the birth of his first sibling in April. I don't want to put any pressure on my daughter pepper523 but it is about time for a little girl again in the family.
    That's an awful lot of pressure for something that's already determined! LOL!

Wow, he looks amazing for 3 weeks early! Gorgeous baby! Congrats!

Liz

Congratulations Larry! He is so beautiful! Wow.......he sure looks great for being 3 weeks early....guess he couldn't wait to see everyone! What a lucky little boy he is to be born into such a wonderful family.

Thanks for sharing Wesley with all of us! We welcome him too! Send some more pictures when you have a chance.

Liz

Congrats!

Emily doesn't have a sister Jodi, does she? She looks just like my friend, who also hails from Ohio.
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Thanks to all for the kind comments. I hope to be back in Columbus this weekend and will have some better pictures of Wesley to share. No opus Emily does not have any sisters at all, only one brother. She was born in Ohio but grew up for the firsts 14 years of her life in South Africa.

pepper 523 the pressure is on regardless of the current status. Positive thinking is a powerful tool.

Nikon Samurai #13

Pentax Forum Moderator

Sheesh Larry, where have I been for the past couple of months...CONGRATULATIONS!!! Sorry for the delay. One of the things that kept me busy for the past couple of months was the birth of my 8th grandbaby. A boy...also born in October...hehe
    Anyway...again my apologies for being so late...take good care of that big boy!!!
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Congrats to all involved and Grandpa too. Good lookin' kid.
    ----------------------------

Thanks Ken and Chunk. He is something and he will be joined by our forth grandson in April. My daughter had a check up today and everything seems to be on track. The little one is growing well and should be right on schedule to arrive on or before time. You can bet I'll have more pictures for you then. And Ken we talked to our grandson in Odessa last night seen like you are getting some pretty cold weather too.

Nikon Samurai #13

congrats! spoil them all rotten!
    Jimmy B

Oh my gosh Larry!! I didn't even see this post back in October!!! I'm so sorry that I missed it. Congratulations on grandchild number three.
    You have a beautiful family, but you know that.

God bless Wesley and family.
    Lara

Thanks Jimmy B and Lara. The family has grown so quickly in the last year of so it's hard even for me to keep up with it. Hope your little ones are well Lara. We miss you around here. Post a few of those grandkids.

Nikon Samurai #13

I miss you guys too Larry, at lot!

Honestly, I have no new pics of the kids. I promise to post some when I am able though.
    Lara

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Yo OT, I didn't see this one either. Congratulations, I hope you spoil him rotten.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

Pentax Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Thanks Ken and Chunk. He is something and he will be joined by our forth grandson in April. My daughter had a check up today and everything seems to be on track. The little one is growing well and should be right on schedule to arrive on or before time. You can bet I'll have more pictures for you then. And Ken we talked to our grandson in Odessa last night seen like you are getting some pretty cold weather too.
    Yeah...we been cold, but nothing like it is up north...hehe...actually...we've warmed up pretty nice. We were supposed to be low to mid 40's but got almost to 60. It was great. Kim and I went to work delivering papers this morning. It's only about 2 hours a day, but gives us the time we need to devote to my mom.

Anyway...when you come for a visit of the son...please let me know so we can get together for a meet. Take care...
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Congrats to you too, Larry. Looks like it'll be dueling baby photos!
    John

New York State Of Mind. J-Dogg Productions's Avatar

congrats. all your photos look great but i love the 3rd 1 father son father son you guys looks really happy, actually makes me kind of happy too lol

jay
    J.Curreri

A late congrats OT! How in the world did I miss this?

You've done it to me again. The third pic made me all teary. What an amazing photo and beyond touching.
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

Thanks Jay and JETA. I'm glad that this older post was dragged out again. It seems many of my good friends here at PR missed it the first time around. I am still glowing even after three months.

Nikon Samurai #13

Thread Information