ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Madison this Saturday (Feb 4th)

Hey guys!

Is this on? I have some stuff to drop off in Madison, and was planning on doing these together.

My understanding is that this is like Pizza night, only during the day? So pretty much just meeting for lunch, to make plans for a WI gathering when it warms up some.
    Last edited by adina; 01-30-2006 at 04:25 PM.

Re: Madison this Friday (Feb 4th)

Actually Saturday would be the 4th. Not looking too good for me if it is Saturday, but I'll know later in the week. Can't do Friday.

I "unstuck" the planning thread - let's start a new one with details about the gathering when they're decided - the old thread is here.

I meant Saturday....
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

I haven't heard anything new about this, but I'm still up for it. I noticed a post this weekend with a new member who is from Madison, and another older member who I haven't seen post in a long time. I put the link to the original planning thread in that one yesterday, but I haven't gotten thru all of today's posts to see if they mentioned anything about it.

Has anyone decided on a place to meet? What area are you going to be in Adina? Maybe there is someplace close to where you're going to be.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Pentax Forum Moderator

I can make it this Saturday, but Friday would be out. Again...I really don't know very many places to eat or meet. I'm hoping to get the wife to come up with me. She has decided to take up photography and wants to do weddings and senior pics, along with landscapes, so we're debating on some online courses. Just let me know when and where to meet and I'll be there!!!
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Okay, I will definitely be in town Saturday. If anyone wants to meet for lunch around 2:00, that is when I will be finished up. Ken, I'd love to meet you and your wife. mjs, if it's just us, we can plan for the west side, I think that's closest to where you guys will be coming in.

Anyone else?

Pentax Forum Moderator

East or West is fine by me...I think East may have more choices, around the East Towne mall...but there are several around West Towne, also...let me know and I (maybe, hopefully...WE) will be there...hehe...
    Ken
    Ken

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

The west side would work best for me. There is an Olive Garden, Smokey Bones, Old Chicago (great nachos), Chili's, and a Mexican place, Pedro's I think, all pretty close to West Town Mall. And the Camera Co. is just down the road also.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

I'm sorry that I won't be able to make this - I just got word of a friends death and funeral plans are for this weekend.
    I'm sure whatever plans you come up with will be good. One event that you should be aware of is the Art Fair on the Square (Jul 8/9 I think) which eliminates the Farmer's Market for that weekend if Madison is picked for a location. The Art Fair also provides plety of photo subjects but I think the Farmer's Mkt. is more uniquely Wisconsin.
    Another event you might consider is the Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra's Concert on the square series although I can't find 2006 dates on the website.

Sorry I can't be there on Saturday.
    ----------------------------

Pentax Forum Moderator

Since West Towne is best for Michael, I vote it...I ask one thing....NO Olive Garden!!! hehe...
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Pentax Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk
    I'm sorry that I won't be able to make this - I just got word of a friends death and funeral plans are for this weekend.
    I'm sure whatever plans you come up with will be good. One event that you should be aware of is the Art Fair on the Square (Jul 8/9 I think) which eliminates the Farmer's Market for that weekend if Madison is picked for a location. The Art Fair also provides plety of photo subjects but I think the Farmer's Mkt. is more uniquely Wisconsin.
    Another event you might consider is the Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra's Concert on the square series although I can't find 2006 dates on the website.

Sorry I can't be there on Saturday.
    Sorry to hear about your friend Chunk, we will be thinking of you this weekend. As for the first 2 weeks in July....I won't be able to make it...I'll be going to Texas on the 30th of June and won't be back until about the 11th or 12th...but that doesn't mean something can't be planned around that weekend...and I'll just have to make the next one!!! hehe
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Since West Towne is best for Michael, I vote it...I ask one thing....NO Olive Garden!!! hehe...
    Ken

Ok, the Olive Garden is out. I'm up for any of the other places I mentioned. I'm leaning towards Old Chicago myself, but if anyone else has other suggestions, let's hear em.
    Last edited by mjs1973; 01-31-2006 at 05:24 PM.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

Let's plan for Old Chicago at 2:00. Does anyone have an address? Whoever can make it....

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    Let's plan for Old Chicago at 2:00. Does anyone have an address? Whoever can make it....
    7202 Mineral Point Rd.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

Pentax Forum Moderator

OK...2:00 @ Old Chicago near West Towne Mall...I think I know where it is at...but should be able to find it. And the wife has agreed to come!!! We like to cheat after our WW weigh in...hehe...so Pizza will do us bad!!! hahahaha...See you all on Saturday!!!!!
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Hey Ken,

Glad to hear you and the Mrs. can make it. Old Chicago is really easy to get to. My post above has the address so you can mapquest it if you want. No pizza for me tho, an order of chicken nachos and I'll be done for the rest of the day.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

Pentax Forum Moderator

Yeah Michael...I've seen it plenty of times before, so it will be easy to find!!! I've spent alot of time over in that area...especially over at Outback Steakhouse...CompUSA...Best Buy...Office Depot and Ritz Camera and The Camera Company!!! hehehe...
    ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Duly noted, although I'm thinking the chances I can be there are less than 25%. But maybe ...

--EDIT--
    I just found out I'm going to be in Madison the next weekend, on the 11th. It may be a stretch to get there two weekends in a row. But we'll see. My husband may want to take an afternoon drive on the 4th; I'll have to ask.
    Last edited by opus; 02-01-2006 at 06:48 AM.
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Kelly...hope you can work it out...we'd love to get a chance to meet you and the hubby...
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Quote Originally Posted by kellybean
    Duly noted, although I'm thinking the chances I can be there are less than 25%. But maybe ...

--EDIT--
    I just found out I'm going to be in Madison the next weekend, on the 11th. It may be a stretch to get there two weekends in a row. But we'll see. My husband may want to take an afternoon drive on the 4th; I'll have to ask.
    Here to Madison takes an afternoon

If you can't make it, do you want to do coffee sometime in the next 2 weeks?

I just found this thread. I was wondering when this was going to be! I think I'll be able to show up to this, although next Saturday would have been better.

Mike

Ken, I'll try. I've been sick all year (sounds funny to say that, heh heh), actually since about Jan 7 ... thought I was getting over it but now today I had to take Thera-Flu all day just to get through the day. I hope this passes soon! So Saturday depends on how I feel and how the hub feels.

Adina, coffee sounds good ... although if we could plan something closer to my school I'd have more openings available. I've got class every morning, then I usually do my homework in the afternoons (Physics and Math -- YUCK! Takes all day!) and then most nights have play practice in the evenings. There are a few days when I could get home earlier but it all depends. But if we met in the afternoon somewhere near the university I could make it work.

So you'll need to tell me when you're free ...
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by AC_Photo
    I just found this thread. I was wondering when this was going to be! I think I'll be able to show up to this, although next Saturday would have been better.

Mike
    Hi Mike...Looks like we're set for Saturday at 2:00 at Old Chicago on the west side of Madison. We'd love to have you if you can make it.

Anyone else going to be able to make it up for some late lunch????? How 'bout you Illini folk???

Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Thread Information