ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

London and Paris

Just got back this week from London and Paris. Did 3 days in each city on a packaged tour with some time on your own. One day of travel in London was marked with rain so I didn't want to get the D70 gear wet. (left the underwater gear at home on the shelf with the scuba stuff) We were home by the time that the terrorists decided to bomb the tubes etc. We were actually in and out of the Edgware station that got hit quite a bit as it was across the street from the Hilton Metropole. More images to follow after editing and put into a gallery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails London and Paris-nighttowerone.jpg   London and Paris-towerbridgeone.jpg  
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

Re: London and Paris

Nice shots Michael. Thank goodness you are all home safe!

I have a friend who, along with her baby, were on the ill fated plane the day before the 9/11 flight out of Boston that hit the tower in NY the following day. They were pretty shaken but counted their blessings that they were scheduled for the 10th and not the 11th. I can imagine you felt pretty much the same.
    Lara

Quote Originally Posted by MJS
    We were actually in and out of the Edgware station that got hit quite a bit as it was across the street from the Hilton Metropole.

On that note, the bus that blew up was just yards from where I have stayed the past three years I've gone to London. Had I been there this week I would have definitely heard the blast, because at that time of morning I'd have still been in my room, although pretty ready to start my day. I didn't take the #30 too often (especially in the mornings), but it would have taken me to certain shopping areas or to Hyde Park; I'm sure I rode it a few times. More likely, I have walked down that sidewalk almost every morning to get my morning coffee, do my laundry, get film processed, or get groceries.. I also used the Russell Road tube station many, many times. While Kings Crossing was also within walking distance from me, I didn't use it much because it was kind of a creepy area to walk in.

Just had to say that.
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Check out our D300 Pro Review! deckcadet's Avatar

Glad you're back safe, Mr. S. I wasn't sure that you were already back in Miami when the attacks occured.
    Nice pics and glad you had fun.
    Your faithful servant,
    Harrison
    Harrison
    Nikon Forum / Digital SLR Forum Moderator | moderator bio
    Check out our new Nikon D300 Pro Review D3 review coming soon...
    Nikon Samurai #9 | NPS Member
    10 Lenses • 5 Bodies • 3 Macs • 1 Sore Back

Sorry I missed you

Quote Originally Posted by MJS
    Just got back this week from London and Paris. Did 3 days in each city on a packaged tour with some time on your own. One day of travel in London was marked with rain so I didn't want to get the D70 gear wet. (left the underwater gear at home on the shelf with the scuba stuff) We were home by the time that the terrorists decided to bomb the tubes etc. We were actually in and out of the Edgware station that got hit quite a bit as it was across the street from the Hilton Metropole. More images to follow after editing and put into a gallery.
    Sorry I couldn't get over to the city to see you. I'm STILL spending my weekends at home working on my plumbing. Still have a few holes to drill.

I feel touched by the London bombs because that was my part of London when I used to work there. I spent a year following evening classes on photography near Russell Square.

Charles

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

In a sense, the countries although distinct, share many common bonds. My heart goes out to all those hurt in the attacks.

Good luck on the plumbing.

Good to hear from you H. Email me with your summer plans.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Thanks for the comment Lara. Next time I'll need morre time to shoot and will bring along the Tokina 12-24 that I'm saving for along with a Tripod. All of the nighttime stuff was shot was shot hand held.-
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

Thread Information