ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Let's Start Something!

I want to share an exciting new program that I have been involved with. A little while back, Kim Crawford Wines had asked me to partner with them in launching an Artists Lounge program.

In the spirit of supporting the arts, Kim Crawford Wines launched The Artists’ Lounge online community as a place for artists and those who appreciate the arts to share inspirations and artwork with each other. Members get the chance to inspire and win original artwork and a trip for two to New Zealand. All of the artwork displayed within the community will be a true living anthology, reflective of the times.

I was chosen by Kim Crawford Wines to be one of the community’s “Artists in Residence,” and will be searching for inspiration within the community to create original artwork. From now through January, myself and three other artists from different art mediums will select ideas and create new works of art. Share an idea now if you want to inspire artwork for me or the other artists!

I would love to have the company and support of my friends here in Photography Review as you all have been the greatest factor in honing my skills and tweaking my sights.
    Plus, there is the chance to win a trip for two to New Zealand!

Thanks Photo John for giving me your blessing and support to announce the program here in PR.

Drop in, sign up and Let's Start Something. . .

Experience Kim Crawford
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Re: Let's Start Something!

Have to have a go at this one
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Looks like a wonderful new site. Hope I can measure up there.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by hminx
    Have to have a go at this one
    Hminx, your already there! lol Stop in the lounge anyway. Inspire us!

gary

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Looks like a wonderful new site. Hope I can measure up there.
    Larry, absolutely. You can upload photos or art or just ideas to inspire us. I'm humbled to be sitting alongside these other Resident Artits. They are awsome.
    In my profile on the Artists Lounge, I have included a link back to PR because this site has been so instrumental for me in getting started and staying in the know.
    Drop in and represent PR with your ideas and photography.

gary

I have selected the first winner in the Artists Lounge and will begin working on her photograph. You can read about the process behind the selection on my blog. Another winner is scheduled to be selected by Monday, Nov 9th by one of the other Artists in Residence.

Come down and share your ideas for what inspires you to create art and photography.

Post your photos in the gallery and share your inspirations. Seven winners will be selected over the course of the program with one winning a trip for two to New Zealand.

gary

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I'm there. Probably won't be up to the high standards for a while but I'm sure i'll find plenty of inspiration.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Frog
    I'm there. Probably won't be up to the high standards for a while but I'm sure i'll find plenty of inspiration.
    Great Frog! There are no standards. One only needs to offer up their ideas of what could be inspiring. What inspires you and what would you like to see a piece of art originate from. One need not be an artist or photographer to submit ideas for inspiration.
    Four artists from different mediums (including myself) will select the ideas that inspire us most to create a original work from.
    Everyone and anyone can participate and stand a good chance of winning.
    Kim Crawford Wines Artists Lounge

gary

Thread Information