ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Just got back from a 7 day cruise

We decided after the winter we had, we needed a break. So, over spring break, we took the kids and went on a cruise. We left from Ft Lauderdale, hit Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and then an island in the Bahamas that is owned by the cruise line.

We had such a great time. The girls loved it. We climbed Dunn River Falls in Ocho Rios, visited the sea turtle farm in Grand Cayman, along with a boat ride out to see the sting rays, and then went to Paradise Island in Cozumel.

Here's the first couple, I'll add more as I get to them. It just occured to me that it's been a while since I posted a photo of anything other than my dog.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Re: Just got back from a 7 day cruise

We did the jeep ride and snorkel around Cozumel since we hadn't been there. Did you guys snorkel at stingray city or just watch? We just did a regular beach dive. Went to Montego Bay and stayed on the boat. Instead of the Island, we hit their private part of Haiti. Which line were you on?

Neat shots by the way. My daughter really liked your little one and the sunset.
    Welcome back.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

from the point and shoot

we viewed the stingrays from a partial submarine thingy. Snorkeling was a minimum age of 8, and my youngest is 6, so we weren't able to do that.

We were on Princess, which we loved. Looked at a lot of the other ones, but this is what fit our needs best, and it was soo great.

OKay, I can't get any others to upload right now...more later.

Adina/MJS,

Sorry to butt in.. ;) Haiti sounds like Royal Carribean... glad you liked princess.. dunno .. if I ever go again it will definitely be RC !

I too did dune buggies at Cozumel.. snorkled at Grand Cayman and did Kayaks/Falls at Ocho Rios... just hung out at the beach in Haiti.

GREAT VACATION !

Been on two RC cruises.. Mexican Riviera (Cabo, Mazatlan and Puerto) and the Western Carribean... (Haiti, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel)...

Excellent shots Adina !

some more

from the p&s

a few more.....yes, I wore that hat the whole time. Anyone who knows me could tell you how pasty white I am.

more.................

Last batch...

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Cruises ROCK!
    My wife and I did one a few years ago..
    I want to go on another!
    Thanks for sharring your pics Adina!
    Brian
    :thumbsup:
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Great pics help to reinforce great memories. Look like you have plenty of both. Nice work with the P&S. I really like the one with your daughter at the rail nice work.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    a few more.....yes, I wore that hat the whole time. Anyone who knows me could tell you how pasty white I am.
    Damm, you are such a hottie!

Even with those two other pretty young ladies next to you...
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Nikon AND Canon!

Beautiful pics. That second one with the pirate makeup is priceless and I love that city silhouette.

Very nice photos! That cruise liner looks really fancy. I was on a Caribean cruise in at the start of Hurricane season 1997. It was a lot of fun.

Dave

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Looks like a great trip Adina! I wish we would have gone to Dunn River Falls when we were in Jamaica in January. We stayed in Negril for a week, and didn't want to spend all day in a car to get there.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Great pics help to reinforce great memories. Look like you have plenty of both. Nice work with the P&S. I really like the one with your daughter at the rail nice work.

Thanks. I always struggle with the p&s...seems like it's never quite focused where I want or sharp as I want.

That one on the railing is one of my favs as well. In some of her, her eyes look soo blue, which is funny, because they usually aren't, more a hazely color, but whatever she's wearing tends to pull out different colors.

Quote Originally Posted by almo
    Damm, you are such a hottie!

Even with those two other pretty young ladies next to you...

Well now I'm blushing...Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hickeroar
    Beautiful pics. That second one with the pirate makeup is priceless and I love that city silhouette.

Yeah, that poor girl is destined to be a pirate. This isn't the only occasion she's been painted up like one.

THanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveLC2
    Very nice photos! That cruise liner looks really fancy. I was on a Caribean cruise in at the start of Hurricane season 1997. It was a lot of fun.

Dave

Yikes! I certainly wouldn't have gone during hurricane season. That would scare the crap out of me.

The ship was pretty fancy, and one of the newer ones as well. We loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973
    Looks like a great trip Adina! I wish we would have gone to Dunn River Falls when we were in Jamaica in January. We stayed in Negril for a week, and didn't want to spend all day in a car to get there.
    I was really hesitant about climbing the falls, my girls are 6 & 8 and I was afraid my youngest wasn't going to be able to do it, especially once we got there. But we were all in a line, and there was a really nice guy behind her who helped her out, and I pretty much had a death grip on her hand the whole time. I know she's not a baby, and can do these things, but at the same time, she's still MY baby, and I worry to death about her. In the end, we all did fine, dh had a few scrapes, but other than that, everyone loved it.

The only thing I wasn't too happy with was the video guy who worked at the falls. He came along with your group and guide, and then tries to sell you a $40 dvd when you are done. Which sometimes you get, sometimes you don't. We passed on it, but he seemed so much more concerned in getting his movie than anyones safety. "here, let me throw your small child into this small rocky pool with fast moving rapids, because it's going to look good on my movie."

Ummm...no.

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    Yikes! I certainly wouldn't have gone during hurricane season. That would scare the crap out of me.

The ship was pretty fancy, and one of the newer ones as well. We loved it.
    It was actually El Niño that year so they were hurricane free while we were there. The west coast was a different story though

Dave

Thread Information