ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

July 28th weekend Photo count 3,373!

I walked in and low behold I got hit my a MAC Truck, at least that what it felt like. And unluckily as it was my first show of this type I messed up. I let my wife drive off with my spare batttery, and Mr. Murphy came calling and within 10 minutes of it showing one bar down the battery was dead. 45 minutes later and a bunch of rides latter I had the freshly charged battery. But then I had a fussy Memory Card on Sunday.

As with all indoor horse arenas the lighting was bad with the windows and very bad back lighting. The auto focus is problematic in the low light and having to maintain fast shutter speeds was not fun.

I end up posting about 2500 of 3373 photos. Unluckily I have not had any orders at the time of this posting. If any of one wishes to take a look the url is: www.aracnet.com/~freygr.

I'm attaching some of my favorite photos from the weekend. Please note the Barrel part of the event was the easiest to photograph as the barrel was not moving in a cycle in and out of good lighting.

I also had Mr. Murphy call on me Thursday evening, the files I had deleted did not get purged. So I couldn't finish uploading. I ask the ISP to purge the deleted files but the delete and purged ALL the files. But that wasn't a problem I had the whole site on my hard drive just the time waiting for the uploads to finish and the unexpected stops where I had to restart.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails July 28th weekend Photo count 3,373!-dsc10282c.jpg   July 28th weekend Photo count 3,373!-dsc10579.jpg   July 28th weekend Photo count 3,373!-dsc11806.jpg   July 28th weekend Photo count 3,373!-dsc11988.jpg   July 28th weekend Photo count 3,373!-dsc11829.jpg  

GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Re: July 28th weekend Photo count 3,373!

The exposures look fine considering the lighting situation. The odd one though is #3 as the girl looks soft, otherwise very nice.

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Re: July 28th weekend Photo count 3,373!

Quote Originally Posted by JSPhoto
    The exposures look fine considering the lighting situation. The odd one though is #3 as the girl looks soft, otherwise very nice.

JS
    I still have not got the Auto Focus reset to the correct settings. But the lighting was all over the place. Most of the ones that ended up in reject pile was do the auto focus or lighting problems. An yes her face is soft but it was to cute and not too soft to end up in the reject pile.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Thread Information