ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

January in Wisconsin

NOT!

Here's a pic of today's storms. We didn't get the tornadoes in Milwaukee, but right about the time I snapped this pic, the town 30 miles south (the direction this is facing) was getting hit.

Grabbed this with my new little Olympus 790SW P&S. Not bad for documenting daily life.

(ps. I know the horizon is leaning. I had the camera setting on the handrail of a bridge to steady it. I didn't want to crop and lose any of the sky.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails January in Wisconsin-p1070020x.jpg  
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Re: January in Wisconsin

Hi Opus, Nice catch. I like the head & tail light reflections on the slick road.
    BTW, I "love" stormy weather. All those powerful sensations in the air help to make one feel really alive.
    -Bruce

Re: January in Wisconsin

Crazy stuff... We had a tornado just a few miles from here too. No injuries that I'm aware of but it destroyed an apple orchard that has been kind of a tourist attraction since I was a kid (yes, they had apples back then).

Thread Information