ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Opinionated Newbie

Inspired by this forum, I went an airshow and...

...didn't get one single decent photograph because it was cloudy, I was trying to keep my two boys from climbing into every plane, and had to finally give up because it started to downpour! However, little did I know that it would be worth it.

On the way in I was flagged over to a local jeweler's booth. I had done a bit of business with them before and the guy at the booth called me over to say "hi" and have me fill out a card for a free give away for some watch. I asked in jest if it was a decent watch. I looked at the sign and it said "Breitling". Never heard of it as I am a Concord and Taghauer fan (Concord for me, Tag for my wife). He laughed and said, "Um, yeah." So I scribbled out the form as my two boys beckoned me to go see the planes. I quickly gave it to Mike, and chased after the younguns.

Well, today I received a call. I won the freakin' thing! What's more is it retails for $3200 (actual market price appears to be around $2200 -- as if that matters)!!! As the tired story goes, I've never won anything in my life! I think maybe I need to go do a review and see if I can win that Tamrac bag

So, thanks to those in the forum who inspired me to take my boys to the airshow. The soaking we all received was worth it in more ways than one! My oldest son now has a fine watch to be put away and saved for him when he gets older. I'll take a picture and post it here after I pick it up.

Congratulations...

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Patten
    ...didn't get one single decent photograph because it was cloudy, I was trying to keep my two boys from climbing into every plane, and had to finally give up because it started to downpour! However, little did I know that it would be worth it.

On the way in I was flagged over to a local jeweler's booth. I had done a bit of business with them before and the guy at the booth called me over to say "hi" and have me fill out a card for a free give away for some watch. I asked in jest if it was a decent watch. I looked at the sign and it said "Breitling". Never heard of it as I am a Concord and Taghauer fan (Concord for me, Tag for my wife). He laughed and said, "Um, yeah." So I scribbled out the form as my two boys beckoned me to go see the planes. I quickly gave it to Mike, and chased after the younguns.

Well, today I received a call. I won the freakin' thing! What's more is it retails for $3200 (actual market price appears to be around $2200 -- as if that matters)!!! As the tired story goes, I've never won anything in my life! I think maybe I need to go do a review and see if I can win that Tamrac bag

So, thanks to those in the forum who inspired me to take my boys to the airshow. The soaking we all received was worth it in more ways than one! My oldest son now has a fine watch to be put away and saved for him when he gets older. I'll take a picture and post it here after I pick it up.
    On your new watch, but where are the airplane photo's?

That's mean, teasing us like that, and not posting any photo's.

Tsk, tsk.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Opinionated Newbie
    The airplane photo's are quite sub-par. I'll post some in a bit (have to get some work done today )

I picked up the watch last night. I feel guilty because I simply do not like it! I mean, I am happy to win, but I don't see myself wearing the thing. I like simple, classic style watches. I suppose I can eBay it and use the funds for studio lights!

Thread Information