ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

I'm Stuck on which camera to choose

Hi I'm new to this board heres a very short introduction of myself. I'm 18 currently taking Advanced photography in my H.S and I'm an aspiring photographer planning to eventually go into a photography school I decided its time to buy a digital camera because I'm going on vacation to the East Coast and I wanted something that would give me proffesional results but portable. My budget is around 350-450. The cameras it came down to were The Olympus sp-350, Fujifilm finepix E-900 and s-80, or s-70 I want to learn to work with RAW but the s-80 doesnt have that so I'm not sure about that one. Which of these cameras would give me the best image results?

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Re: I'm Stuck on which camera to choose

Welcome TGP. There should be plenty of info on this site to help you with your choice, but I'm not sure this is the best place to start...

Check out the archives of the Digital Camera Forum:

http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=27

My guess is there are others with similar budgets and needs who have done some research and/or gotten advice on what to get.

Also, the Reviews section is the "meat and potatoes" of equipment information and evaluation on this site. Links are at the top of the page...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Sorry about that Ill make sure to look through the archives to see if they have any camparisons on these cameras if not ill repost in the digital camera sections thanks

I have the E900 and it is a great little camera. High resolution, low noise, (for a p&s) shoots in raw and is relatively easy to use.

A few months ago, I promised Photo John I would post a review since there were only one or two for the camera at the time. I guess it's about time I did that.
    We improve ourselves by victories over ourself. There must be contests, and you must win.
    Edward Gibbon

Canon T2i
    Canon EF-S 17-55 f2.8 IS
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 XR Di II
    Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 XR Di
    Canon 24-105 f/4L IS
    Canon 70-200 f/4L USM
    Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM
    Canon 85mm f/1.8 USM
    Canon Speedlight 220EX

Thread Information