Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd try to be more active in participating again. Been a busy year, lots of changes both good and bad. Lost my dad last winter, moved this summer, still haven't found a job, etc...

So, thought I'd start trying to broaden, and hone, my photography skills and maybe make a little money. We moved from a booming economic area to one that's growing very slowly and much smaller. Suprisingly there's a lot going on and I've been able to shoot some different things than I normally shoot. I've had a lot of stinker shots but that's actually a good thing as it's reawakened my creative fire and desire to learn and improve.

I also think I'm going to be able to display and sell some prints at a local bookstore on consignment. The owners have really supported local artists and I happen to shoot a different style than anyone else in the area. Hopefully that's a good thing. Guess I'll find out!

I recognize a lot of names but see a lot of new ones too. I'm looking forward to making everyone's acquaintance, or reacquaintance as it may be.

Anyway, here's a few of my recent shots. These have been reduced quite a bit for the web and I still haven't gotten the hang of sharpening the reduced files so they may look a little soft.

Night glow:

Some fall color:

My son: