ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: I'm BACK

Smile I'm BACK

Hey guys,

I am back from a year + in Brazil, and did not post while I was down there bacause of the high cost of dial up internet in the town where I was staying . And did not do much photography due to the high cost of film and processing. So I did a lot of soul searching, and have decided that in spite of my best judgement and my love of film, to go over to the DARK SIDE:yikes: , and therefore have ordered a Canon Rebel T2I w/ EF-S 18-135 IS.

With respect to my switching to digital, you may want to get up early tomorrow morning so you can photograph the sun as it rises in the west . As time and finances allow I will be adding lenses and accessories, and possibly another body, but I feel that this is a good starting point.

Now lets see Canon 7D, 3 or 4 L Series lenses, etc = Mega $.
    Bill,

Feel Free TO EDIT My Photos, But Please Tell Me Why
    I have gone over to the dark side, no more film.
    Canon T2i, 18-135 IS
    Digital Point&Shot - Canon Powershot A470

Liz

Re: I'm BACK

Quote Originally Posted by w.slayman View Post
    Hey guys,

I am back from a year + in Brazil, and did not post while I was down there bacause of the high cost of dial up internet in the town where I was staying . And did not do much photography due to the high cost of film and processing. So I did a lot of soul searching, and have decided that in spite of my best judgement and my love of film, to go over to the DARK SIDE:yikes: , and therefore have ordered a Canon Rebel T2I w/ EF-S 18-135 IS.

With respect to my switching to digital, you may want to get up early tomorrow morning so you can photograph the sun as it rises in the west . As time and finances allow I will be adding lenses and accessories, and possibly another body, but I feel that this is a good starting point.

Now lets see Canon 7D, 3 or 4 L Series lenses, etc = Mega $.
    Bill -

A BIG WELCOME BACK! :23:

It sounds like you've had quite a journey. It's good to see you around again.

Congratulations on the "conversion" - you chose a great camera to start with. I used to own the Rebel XTi and loved it. I moved to the M4/3 system due to the need to carry around less weight.

I look forward to seeing how you like digital. When I first switched to digital I realized that my camera had paid for itself within about the first year with the money I saved by being able to view the images ahead of time - instead of paying for the prints. I began to love that "delete" button!

I think you will be quite happy!

Keep us updated - and let's see some pics when you get acquainted with the camera.

Enjoy!

Liz

Liz,
    Thanks for the welcome, and encouragement, but I do need some help, I have been looking for a full day at the T2i, and have not been able to find the film door lock release. Wait does digital mean no more need for film? :idea: I can probably save enough on film and processing in a year to buy a new lens, maybe even a L series :23: In truth I feel like I did when I moved up from a Brownie to a range finder 35mm some 55 years ago and had to learn how to set speed, f/stops and focus, I guess I have to start learning all over again.

I will start posting some pictures, as soon as I get a feel for the camera, and get a few shots under my belt.
    Bill,

Feel Free TO EDIT My Photos, But Please Tell Me Why
    I have gone over to the dark side, no more film.
    Canon T2i, 18-135 IS
    Digital Point&Shot - Canon Powershot A470

Welcome back to PR! As for going over to the dark side it's a decision you will never regret. When I bought my first DSLR I thought I would continue to shoot film as well, but I now realize that I have not bought a roll of film since 2004. Did I fail to say I love digital!
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Thread Information